Dad's Pan...1952-???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dad's Pan...1952-???

Came across these photos after the big "C" took dad, I do remember hearing stories of him riding and racing with some of the old timers in the fifties.
    Didn't know of these photo or I would have asked questions as we sat together the last three months. Me with a note pad taking down instructions and information about what to do and who to and not to trust.
    Was he ever right about the last part.

Mom, now 86 just remembers him saying that the color was "Hawaiian Bronze".
    Palmer's third edition page 1098 shows an option for the color "Bronco Bronze Metallic".
    Could definitely see him changing the name to something that sounds better.

So...'52-? or something else?
    Would like to build a tribute bike one day...he deserves that - OTG (Original Tough Guy).

IMG_8372.jpg
    IMG_5127.JPG
    IMG_9737.JPG

Thanks for sharing your story. Sorry I can't help you ID the bike but there will be someone here who can. Welcome to the forum.

Dick

Comment

Tank trim is 1951 to 53. Very well could be 1952,

Jerry

Originally posted by trikemike View Post
      Came across these photos after the big "C" took dad, I do remember hearing stories of him riding and racing with some of the old timers in the fifties.
      Didn't know of these photo or I would have asked questions as we sat together the last three months. Me with a note pad taking down instructions and information about what to do and who to and not to trust.
      Was he ever right about the last part.

Mom, now 86 just remembers him saying that the color was "Hawaiian Bronze".
      Palmer's third edition page 1098 shows an option for the color "Bronco Bronze Metallic".
      Could definitely see him changing the name to something that sounds better.

So...'52-? or something else?
      Would like to build a tribute bike one day...he deserves that - OTG (Original Tough Guy).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29155[/ATTACH]
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]29156[/ATTACH]
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]29157[/ATTACH]

Comment

The OHV Deluxe emblem on the front fender was new for '52 and in the Deluxe equipment group. It is also foot shift, so those eliminate '51. Early cam cover so that eliminates '53.
        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Didn't pick up on the Deluxe emblem and wasn't sure if there could have been any late '51 foot shifts. Did however read last night about the eight ribbed cam cover in "The Book".
          Thanks for everyone's input, I feel confident that I am on the right path now.

Comment

Working...
          X