Thread: Tramontin HD, NJ Dealership License Plate Accessory

Default Tramontin HD, NJ Dealership License Plate Accessory

Tramontin H-D Dealership, Clifton, NJ original M/C license plate accessory.

Cast in either aluminum or pot metal its the only one I've ever seen and as far as I know possibly the only one ever made for 'Bub' Tramontin. Shown in the photos with one of my NJ plates.

I purchased this from the family several years ago. It is one of my favorite pieces in my NJ motorcycle motormobilia collection as both my father and I bought motorcycles from 'Bub'.

Nice piece! I'm thinking that maybe its perfect "home" would be with Gloria Tramontin Struck who is still alive and kicking (and riding!) I don't have any contact info but I do know that she speaks/signs books at many motorcycle shows. Perhaps someone on here could forward this items info to her. JMHO Smitty

license plate.jpg

A local vender had several of these at a swap meet a few years ago. We believe they were offered in 1948.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman55 View Post
    Tramontin H-D Dealership, Clifton, NJ original M/C license plate accessory.

Cast in either aluminum or pot metal its the only one I've ever seen and as far as I know possibly the only one ever made for 'Bub' Tramontin. Shown in the photos with one of my NJ plates.

I purchased this from the family several years ago. It is one of my favorite pieces in my NJ motorcycle motormobilia collection as both my father and I bought motorcycles from 'Bub'.
    Nice piece!!
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

DSC06595.jpg I also have one, purchased it off ebay about 6-7 years ago. When I bought Gloria Tramontin Struck's book several years ago, we shared several emails back and forth. I sent her a picture of the casting and she was unfamiliar with it.
    Bob Rice #6738

Nice to see others have the plate too. I'm considering mounting it on the back of my 74 FLH.