Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The thing I hate to do in life is ship a bike! Haul bike or Motorcycle shippers or ?

the last bike i had shipped by haulbikes from NH to CO was summer 2018, took about 2.5 months. 2017, i had a bike shipped from MA to Co, 2 wks. prior to that, approximately 10 bikes shipped over a 5 years span and several between 2000 and 2010. haulbikes, prior to 2018, has always been timely and caring about their cargo. 2018 it changed and from hearing others stories first hand and reading here, unless i missed something, i'd probably still go with haulbikes as i have not yet heard of a story where haulbikes damaged a motorcycle.

I used Haulbikes in late October of 2018 and was happy with them. The price was very good, the bike was delivered quickly (probably luck), and in good shape. It was not a pristine bike so I didn't care if it was on an open bed, and that may have been why it was such an easy deal. If I was shipping a trailer queen, I'd be nervous with 2nd, 3rd, and additional parties involved.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

As I mentioned earlier in the post I used Keyboard Motorcycle Shipping and was happy with them. They are not a broker but the actual shipping company. They had a slick frame they put the bike in and they agreed to ship a box of parts along with the bike. Has anyone else used them?

IMG_1683.jpg
    John MacIntyre AMCA 40796

Quote Originally Posted by Rubone View Post
    I've only ever used Federal and never had an issue with damage, time, or cost...
    A neighbor shipped his bike with Federal. He was not at home when the bike was picked up by them. I watched as they covered the bike with furniture pads. Shoved it against the wall of the trailer. Put several ratchet straps around it and started winding them. I could actually see his fenders bending. Not a good thing.
    Be sure to visit;
    http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
    Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
    Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

I have used Keyboard Carriage several years ago and my experience with them was positive. They only ship motorcycles and pianos. They allowed my bike to have fuel and camping gear in and on the bike for shipping. Others I checked with required the fuel to be drained from the bike and I could not have any gear on the outside of the bike. They have a skid specifically designed for bikes to be strapped to, which they can roll around in the trailer and strap to the trailer wall next to a grand piano.

Ya, I held my nose and signed up with Haul Bike after reading some of the other carriers reviews with damage.
    #7558 Take me on and you take on the whole trailer park!