Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: be careful out there

You both (Rich and Robbie) are correct, this forum is for antique motorcycles and related talk. I apologize, but not really. I guess I crossed a line posting an older than antique article, just trying to inform our members of a possible trend from our current times in 2020. With Robbie and Richard being much more active and respectable than myself in the club, I will never post anything in the 'general' 'parking lot chatter' that does not pertain to our club standards of 35+ old motorcycles. I was just trying to share a possible problem with members I have been in a club with since about 1994. I guess if the poor individual that was hit head on 'as reported' was on a 35 year old motorcycle then maybe it would have been acceptable. I am offended from post #9 & #10, next time, (as in never) I will post anything to possibly help someone. Enjoy your conversations among yourselves. Enjoy your summer and I hope everyone rides safe and everyone rides safely with no one crossing the center line at you. But apparently, according to the above comments only modern bikes could be effected. Signing off. Bob Rice
    Bob Rice #6738

Bob You did not cross any line. You posted in a category that was open to general discussion. Hope you stay with us. Jerry

No need to apologize for anything Bob! Your effort was to inform & warn the members of an issue that You felt was relevant of these times in our society. Thank You.

------->Parking Lot Chatter------>'GENERAL OPEN DISCUSSION'.

*M.A.D.*
    Last edited by JoJo357; 07-12-2020 at 03:54 AM.

S.E.N.Y. State American side of Hudson River

Don't apologize for anything. It is useful info even tho there is no defense in that situation.
    D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

Safe riding my modern or old mcs is always on my mind.
    I see no problem with your post but I guess some comments were felt to be political.
    It is parking lot chatter so Ill add.
    I hate tinted windshields that keep me from making eye contact with on coming drivers.
    Be Safe
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by tfburke3 View Post
    I hate tinted windshields that keep me from making eye contact with on coming drivers.
    Be Safe
    Tom
    Interesting note Tom. Now that you mention it has become instinct and I find myself looking at drivers faces when the opportunity presents itself to see if they actually see me or are off in neverland. Particularly when they are ready to pull out from a side road or turning in front of me. Sometimes even if the windshield isn't tinted darker some vehicles have the front driver and pass door glass so dark you can barely see the driver through the windshield because no light is getting into the cabin from sides.
    Jason Z
    AMCA #21594
    Near Pittsburgh PA (Farm Country)
    Allegheny Mountain Chapter http://amcaamc.com/

Thanks for the advise.