be careful out there

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• be careful out there

Not getting political or involving different races, but worried this could be a new norm for a while. Terrible with no remorse on the drivers account according to this story. I have said for a while now that I am afraid that in the future I will be at a stop light and a group of 'modern environmentalists' will attack me because I have a fuel burning oil dripping planet destroying machine. Take it for what it's worth to you, just thought I would share a horrible accident reflecting in our year 2020.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/wisconsin...d-motorcyclist
    Bob Rice #6738

Whatever you do, never let a crowd stop your car.
    The Linkert Book

Comment

I've had a Carrying Concealed Weapon (CCW) for many years. Now, in Michigan it recently was updated to Concealed Pistol License (CPL). Came Awful Knawful close a few times over the years, but never had to use it Thank God. But, i would rather have the gun for protection, and takes my chances, than not have one and be at their mercy and suffer the consequences.
      If i'm targeted, then at very least i'm taking some down with me!!!

*M.A.D.*

Comment

Whether you have the right to protect yourself from someone breaking into the car while you're driving (or to stop a car because...) today pretty much depends on:
        1. what color are they
        2. what color are you
        3. are you a cop

The answers are obvious
        The Linkert Book

Comment

The bottom line, Folks:

"Its easier to get out of jail than a grave."

....Cotten
          AMCA #776
          Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

The problem is, if this was an intentional and deliberate collision as reported, it would be impossible to defend yourself. You would not have any warning that someone would intentionally cross the line and hit you head on. Hopefully this is just one mentally disturbed individual.
            Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Originally posted by BigLakeBob View Post
              The problem is, if this was an intentional and deliberate collision as reported, it would be impossible to defend yourself. You would not have any warning that someone would intentionally cross the line and hit you head on. Hopefully this is just one mentally disturbed individual.
              We all know who is being targeted, no need to pussy-foot around it.

Comment

And it's what your children are learning in school every day.
                The Linkert Book

Comment

Did I miss the part where we're talking about old motorcycles here.
                  DrSprocket

Comment

Originally posted by RichO View Post
                    Did I miss the part where we're talking about old motorcycles here.
                    We all did!!
                    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

You both (Rich and Robbie) are correct, this forum is for antique motorcycles and related talk. I apologize, but not really. I guess I crossed a line posting an older than antique article, just trying to inform our members of a possible trend from our current times in 2020. With Robbie and Richard being much more active and respectable than myself in the club, I will never post anything in the 'general' 'parking lot chatter' that does not pertain to our club standards of 35+ old motorcycles. I was just trying to share a possible problem with members I have been in a club with since about 1994. I guess if the poor individual that was hit head on 'as reported' was on a 35 year old motorcycle then maybe it would have been acceptable. I am offended from post #9 & #10, next time, (as in never) I will post anything to possibly help someone. Enjoy your conversations among yourselves. Enjoy your summer and I hope everyone rides safe and everyone rides safely with no one crossing the center line at you. But apparently, according to the above comments only modern bikes could be effected. Signing off. Bob Rice
                      Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Bob You did not cross any line. You posted in a category that was open to general discussion. Hope you stay with us. Jerry

Comment

No need to apologize for anything Bob! Your effort was to inform & warn the members of an issue that You felt was relevant of these times in our society. Thank You.

------->Parking Lot Chatter------>'GENERAL OPEN DISCUSSION'.

*M.A.D.*
                          Last edited by JoJo357; 07-12-2020, 02:54 AM.

Comment

Don't apologize for anything. It is useful info even tho there is no defense in that situation.
                            D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

Comment

Safe riding my modern or old mcs is always on my mind.
                              I see no problem with your post but I guess some comments were felt to be political.
                              It is parking lot chatter so Ill add.
                              I hate tinted windshields that keep me from making eye contact with on coming drivers.
                              Be Safe
                              Tom

Comment

Working...
                              X