Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Buzz Kanter announces suspension of American Iron Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by acemoto View Post
    Hey Buzz has NO PAY. So the other forum has been struck by "My funds are low virus " The online provider Im sure was on the NO PAY LIST , with the printer and subscribers , etc etc etc.
    I find it equally as funny that someone who never participated except to try and cherry pick parts would be so offended? You and Buzz are cut from the same cloth, get over your self!
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Doing my morning routine, Buzz is on another site selling something, so i left him this message:

"Good morning Buzz fwiw, fyi, there's been on rather long-lived thread that recently came back to life on the AMCA forum wondering if your CAIMAG forum is coming back? A number of fellows miss the site had dealer shops by "sidecar" and vintage pictures by "mr.big." They are feeling particularly let down because there has been no communication from you or anyone of the CAIMAG forum might return someday. If you could say something, it might bring some closure for these fellows."

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Swan View Post
    Doing my morning routine, Buzz is on another site selling something, so i left him this message:

"Good morning Buzz fwiw, fyi, there's been on rather long-lived thread that recently came back to life on the AMCA forum wondering if your CAIMAG forum is coming back? A number of fellows miss the site had dealer shops by "sidecar" and vintage pictures by "mr.big." They are feeling particularly let down because there has been no communication from you or anyone of the CAIMAG forum might return someday. If you could say something, it might bring some closure for these fellows."
    Buzz replied to my question as follows: "Unfortunately it is gone."

Steve, I agree with everything you said in post #70 and glad you reached out to him. I wanted to comment in the past but with everyone loving that forum I held back. I was on there for quite a few years. I printed information (very valuable info from all the contributors), off of there that pertained to my needs, and am very glad to have done so over the years especially now that it is gone. I understand and appreciate that we all had the free ride and benefit of sharing knowledge while Buzz's company footed the bill. I also know warning was put out approx. several weeks before it shut down. But I do have to say that with all the time the members put in there, I feel it was pretty rude that Buzz didn't just make an announcement that things were ending, thanks for all the contributions, its been a great ride, etc. We know he is not shy, again it's great what he provided all those years, but pretty shitty to not at least make some kind of announcement of closure. Maybe more people could have down loaded pictures or saved info. Who knows what his personal issues are, glad he responded to the question you asked him. One day he'll probably show up here with another bike find posting a question which he'll never follow up on like he did over and over on his own forum. I don't agree with the way he closed the forum, but I am glad I was able to participate while it was alive.
    Bob Rice #6738

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBob View Post
    Steve, I agree with everything you said in post #70 and glad you reached out to him. I wanted to comment in the past but with everyone loving that forum I held back. I was on there for quite a few years. I printed information (very valuable info from all the contributors), off of there that pertained to my needs, and am very glad to have done so over the years especially now that it is gone. I understand and appreciate that we all had the free ride and benefit of sharing knowledge while Buzz's company footed the bill. I also know warning was put out approx. several weeks before it shut down. But I do have to say that with all the time the members put in there, I feel it was pretty rude that Buzz didn't just make an announcement that things were ending, thanks for all the contributions, its been a great ride, etc. We know he is not shy, again it's great what he provided all those years, but pretty shitty to not at least make some kind of announcement of closure. Maybe more people could have down loaded pictures or saved info. Who knows what his personal issues are, glad he responded to the question you asked him. One day he'll probably show up here with another bike find posting a question which he'll never follow up on like he did over and over on his own forum. I don't agree with the way he closed the forum, but I am glad I was able to participate while it was alive.
    Bob, agreed with your comments. at least buzz' reply gives us closure although probably not the kind of closure we hoped for... Buzz hosting a forum via caimag and buzz' numerous requests for and videos of himself will fit the reality of the recipient of what buzz projects. i'm glad the caimag forum was there when it was and grateful to get to know some of the members in that community. beyond that, at least for me, all things considered, how buzz went about promoting old bikes was what it was and his response is what it is. some may think his response within the boundaries of acceptable social decorum, all i know for sure is that is not how i would have handled the forum's demise, but then i am not buzz. giving buzz the benefit of doubt, maybe there were forces outside buzz' control so he could only go the way things turned out and the forum had to end the way it did. Really...? 'Nuf said.
    Last edited by Steve Swan; 11-21-2020 at 02:14 PM.

S.E.N.Y. State American side of Hudson River

Quote Originally Posted by Rubone View Post
    I find it equally as funny that someone who never participated except to try and cherry pick parts would be so offended? You and Buzz are cut from the same cloth, get over your self!
    Touche'...
    D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Swan View Post
    Buzz replied to my question as follows: "Unfortunately it is gone."
    Wonder if he was referring to the 'Forum' or his lofty position in the motorcycling community.

Quote Originally Posted by droptopford View Post
    Wonder if he was referring to the 'Forum' or his lofty position in the motorcycling community.
    preferably both.