Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Buzz Kanter announces suspension of American Iron Magazine

Very Well Put Rollo....

I asked the question the other day Fletcher and it is pretty minimal to the club. Since Keith Kizer has been here as Executive Director he indicated he had no record of an expense related to forum fee or licenses though I know they exist. Most of the work involved in our forum is volunteer with Jon Rachmacher as the web master of the forum and me as a forum moderator/admin. Jon does get paid for some work completed on the forum and that work is proposed to the Executive Director for approval. According to Frequently Asked Questions on the VBulletin site a single vBulletin Forum costs $195. I am not certain if that is the annual license upgrade cost? or a one time license. I assume an annual cost. We also need to pay for our domain name that is part of our internet address and we need to pay for a base home page site. I do not know exactly how much these costs are but as Chesapeake Chapter web site content coordinator I can tell you we pay under $500 per year for our DIY web site and the maintenance of our domain name. I will ask Jon what club finances are expended on the AMCA Community Forum.

Mike Love

Quote Originally Posted by FCJ View Post
    Mike: Mainly curious from an educational standpoint. Don't know if club budgets or financials are disclosed. Do you happen to know what kind of expense is associated with the AMCA forum?
    I hate for this to be piece meal info and I will update with as much info as I obtain. I do know that we pay services to DreamHost which I assume are costs for a platform and server to have our forum facilitated from and we pay $38 per month for that annually that would be $456.

Mike Love

Mike: Thank you. Appreciate the response. The information you have already provided is helpful. Sounds like it may be possible to maintain a forum for less than $500,000 per year. But, I doubt it's apples to apples and I realize there are many issues and expenses we haven’t factored in.
    Fletcher Clark Johnston
    AMCA #282