Thread: Al McRoberts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Al McRoberts

Albert McRoberts Obituary
    Here is Albert McRoberts’s obituary. Please accept Everyone’s sincere condolences.

It is always difficult saying goodbye to someone we love and cherish. Family and friends must say goodbye to their beloved Albert McRoberts (Harrietta, Michigan), born in Cleveland, Ohio, who passed away at the age of 85, on March 13, 2020.

He was predeceased by : his parents, Edward M. McRoberts and Lillian L. McRoberts; and his brother William. He is survived by : his children, Andrew McRoberts (Kate Snider) of Harrietta, Scott McRoberts (Sherri) of Cadillac and Heather Szabo (Eric) of Lafayette, Colorado.; and his great grandchildren, Daniel McRoberts, Thomas McRoberts of Cadillac, Brian McRoberts of Florida, Brendan, Keegan McRoberts of Cadillac, Lydia and Gareth Szabo of Lafayette, Colorado..

In lieu of flowers, a contribution to Crankun T's of Michigan for the McPherson College in Kansas scholarship fund for a student in the Model T restoration program.

Oh, wow. My deepest sympathies and warmest thoughts go out to Al's family. i spoke to Al about 3 years ago when i learned he manufactured clincher rims and i purchased my set from him.

That is very sad news. Al McRoberts was the savior of many of our motorcycles because he made one of the scarcest, and most important components for clincher wheel motorcycles. Prior to Al, people would collect any condition clincher rims, and cut, section, and weld the good pieces to make a usable rim. In addition to that, he he was a nice man, and charged a very affordable price for a high quality reproduction. My deepest condolences to his family and many friends.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Al’s son Andy McRoberts is continuing to provide clincher rims. He has been building these rims with Al for decades and is very knowledgeable. He built me a high quality, complicated clincher. The contact number is still the same as it has been advertised in the magazine 231-389-0231.

Chris Lye

That is good news, Chris and appreciate the update as well.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886