Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Yankee Chapter National Meet

Quote Originally Posted by brettxlch View Post
    Yup guys i agree why take the chance. I lost my mom 3 weeks ago to covid. As much as i love the bike meets im staying home this year and just riding....that i can still do..
    What if your business overhead, and maybe your next meal, depends upon the vintage motorcycle industry?

(Hypothetically...)

Remember when motorcyclists were bold individuals?

Me neither.

....Cotten
    Liberty Motorcycle Specialties, Inc.
    118 N. Washington Street
    Lacon, IL 61540 USA
    Last edited by T. Cotten; 05-31-2020 at 05:37 PM.
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

If you have lost a loved one due to this crap, people would understand....Believe me i sympathize with all people ,jobs , businesses , losing money, I live in NY state so I know all about restrictions, closings, ....and losing money.

Sorry I seemed insensitive, Brett,..

But would your mother really want you to give up something you love?

....Cotten
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

I understand the possible need to cancel any event. I don't take this virus crap lightly either. I just cannot understand the need to cancel 3 1/2 MONTHS in advance! A lot can change in that amount of time and it's not taking any chances by not making a decision yet. JMHO Thanks, Smitty
    Last edited by HDSmitty; 06-01-2020 at 11:32 AM.

S.E.N.Y. State American side of Hudson River

Sure am upset that all these meets are being cancelled. Our Bear Mountain Chapter meet being held Sunday Sept. 13th in Pine Island NY will not be cancelled unless the authorities force us to. Stay tuned.
    D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

Quote Originally Posted by HDSmitty View Post
    I understand the possible need to cancel any event. I don't take this virus crap lightly either. I just cannot understand the need to cancel 3 1/2 MONTHS in advance! A lot can change in that amount of time and it's not taking any chances by not making a decision yet. JMHO Thanks, Smitty
    The membership of most organizations like our motorcycle club, and the Lions Club who runs the Terryville Fairgrounds along with your local American Leigon, Masons etc etc etc are made up mostly elderly people.
    And they all have families and loved ones just like we do. These organizations do not feel a need to risk the lives of their elderly members for a motorcycle meet even if it brings money into their organization.
    I gave up doing ebay 2 months early this spring so I did not take a chance of bringing something deadly home from the post office that would kill my wife with the underlying problems that she has.
    It is called a sacrifice and whether or not we like it there is no other way to protect ourselves and curb this virus. All the money in the world is not worth it in my opinion. 46EL.
    PS Smitty; I sent you a PM and will call you tonight. Jp

brettxlch- Very very sorry for your loss, 46EL, Jp.

My condolences also Brettxlch, I'll say a prayer for her. Smitty

Thanx guys ...I really do miss all the meets, people, sights and sounds, true also with carshows i attend. Hopefully by september we can salvage a few meets. If bear mtn goes on ill be their .....I apologize for mentioning my family probs, this website is for fun, bikes, good times, and no my mom wouldnt want me to stop enjoying things i enjoy doing. Brett

Quote Originally Posted by brettxlch View Post
    Thanx guys ...I really do miss all the meets, people, sights and sounds, true also with carshows i attend. Hopefully by september we can salvage a few meets. If bear mtn goes on ill be their .....I apologize for mentioning my family probs, this website is for fun, bikes, good times, and no my mom wouldnt want me to stop enjoying things i enjoy doing. Brett
    Sorry for your loss. Had some family memebrs that got real real sick but recovered. But to add a reply, your mom would not want you to take unnecessary chances either and to stay alive. Sometimes that means staying on the down low for a bit