Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 37

Thread: Swap meet concerns

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Beautiful Northern New Mexico
    Posts
    3,080

    Default

    I suspect that by the time swap meets come back around funds will be in short supply.
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

  2. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rickgeo View Post
    There are a few of us who are still willing to take risks, knowing we're at an age when there are not many more chances to take those risks.Unfortunatly,we are drowned out by the many that do not see it that way. So,, how long must we wait? At my age every day is a blessing !
    So, like it or not we have to maintain hope,& try not to kill something !
    Amen Rick, I am trying to adhere to all the regs, however I am not going to quit living until the Good Lord says its my time, I am 73 and have been blessed with pretty good health, for which I am very thankful, but I think riding is great therapy if your are able and allowed to do it, just my thoughts

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T. Cotten View Post
    I'm betting it blows over by Davenport...
    A dollar says you're wrong.

    Covid26March2020.jpg

    Quote Originally Posted by rickgeo View Post
    There are a few of us who are still willing to take risks,...
    You're missing the point. The issue isn't whether or not you're willing to take risks for yourself. It's that you taking that risk with Covid-19 can result in you exposing dozens of unwilling people to the virus before you even exhibit symptoms. Being kept away from crowds isn't to save you from yourself, it's to save the rest of us from you.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    581

    Default

    I like the optimistic views but as they say,sometimes the pessimists are better informed.
    Tom

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Central Illinois, USA
    Posts
    4,788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T. Cotten View Post
    I'm betting it blows over by Davenport...

    ....Cotten
    PS: http://chiefblackhawk.org/ see ya there,..
    Quote Originally Posted by BoschZEV View Post
    A dollar says you're wrong.
    Yer on, BoschZEV!

    If I lose, you can collect it at booth AG30, by the race gate.

    ...Cotten
    Last edited by T. Cotten; 03-26-2020 at 01:17 PM.
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T. Cotten View Post
    Yer on, BoschZEV!
    It's a bet I'd love to lose. But, I rely on data and scientific facts, not wishful thinking, so I'm afraid the $1 will be mine.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Central Illinois, USA
    Posts
    4,788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BoschZEV View Post
    It's a bet I'd love to lose. But, I rely on data and scientific facts, not wishful thinking, so I'm afraid the $1 will be mine.
    I sincerely hope you are there to collect, BoschZEV!

    ....Cotten
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T. Cotten View Post
    I sincerely hope you are there to collect, BoschZEV!
    Me too. I'd like nothing better than to be able to hand you the $1 in early September.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Near the center of Kalifornia
    Posts
    385

    Default

    I think it is good that each local chapter will decide if able to have a meet. As an eternal optimist I still think that Fort Sutter Dixon meet will celebrate their 20th anniversary meet on time in late June.��✔✔✔
    #7558 Take me on and you take on the whole trailer park!

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KNUCK View Post
    As an eternal optimist I still think that Fort Sutter Dixon meet will celebrate their 20th anniversary meet on time in late June.
    Optimism shouldn't ever blind one to reality. Today the U.S. passed China in the number of confirmed cases, despite China having 4x the population, and despite it being impossible for most people in the U.S. even to be tested yet. The number of new confirmed cases in the U.S. continues to double every two days. Every day additional hospitals report they've exceeded their capacity, have displaced other patients, are converting other wards for Covid cases, and a seeing patients die because they have a severe shortage of ventilators. It's an understatement to say the data don't look good for that meet at the end of June.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •