Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 6 inch Air Cleaners

Maybe by calling them white they mean cadmium plated ?????

I've never see the Factory use the term white when it was Cad. Must have been actually painted white.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by shinedogg View Post
    I've never see the Factory use the term white when it was Cad. Must have been actually painted white.
    Here is a shot from my catalog.CIMG1725.jpg
    Craig

Interesting that not only are they using a 1935 part number for something that came out in 1936, but also showing it fits back to 1930, even though pre-1936 carbs have only two mounting screws, and pre-1935 these are No 10 x 24 rather than the later No 12 x 24. A good example of Harley airbrushing out their parts history.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Slocombe View Post
    Interesting that not only are they using a 1935 part number for something that came out in 1936, but also showing it fits back to 1930, even though pre-1936 carbs have only two mounting screws, and pre-1935 these are No 10 x 24 rather than the later No 12 x 24. A good example of Harley airbrushing out their parts history.
    Many parts H-D lists have previous year numbers, like many of the Hydra-glide parts, early Knuckle parts, etc. And H-D was pushing the Linkerts to replace the earlier carbs on all parts orders. In those years they cared little about history or parts correctness, they were just staying alive. And any retrofit upgrade was money in their pocket.
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736