Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: login problem #2

This forum log in sucks. How is it possible that I get the "welcome mikem" at the top of the page, but when I go into a forum topic
    it bounces me to the "you are not logged in" window. So I log in again, go to the particular forum, try to look at picture: bang right back to the "you are not logged in" etc. It's like the twilight zone. Yes, I am a member. No, my membership is not expired. Not worth the time to fool around with this.

Since Bob L was banned, this Forum has been a...Nightmare--LOL
    But realistically, You have to hit 'RELOAD PAGE' 2 many Times & a 1/2 in order for it to work!
    The Forum needs a new 'Johnson Rod'!!!

*M.A.D.*

I have never had a single log in issue and never am asked to re-log in. It is in your settings, not the site.
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Rubone, I'm in. I don't know why I was having so much trouble. It wasn't my settings: I am on many motorcycle sites (vintage BMW Owners, Adventure Rider, United Sidecar, Soviet Steeds etc) and all with no problems. Today I got an "Invalid Redirect", but it eventually hooked me up. Don't understand all the machinations. I'll see what happens going forward.

I would like to know more and specifics about "your settings":
    To post this I had to log in 3 times
    Shut down come back and sign in again.
    But . . . hey it works!!!! (similar attitude keeps me chasing old iron).
    I would happily change my settings IF I knew what I needed to do. I have had issues in the past and been rescues MANY times by "Mr. Wizard" (Mike Love). Eventually I get here and get on and get things going (again the old bike mantra). Great site worth any minor set backs.

Nothing special about my settings. It's the forum that is finicky. I just keep doing the login until it works.

Well, after getting used to the screwy login problems and finding the work-around, I logged in just now and it worked as it should. All I can say is, Thanks, Mike L.!