Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new member Excelsior Harely Indian

Default new member Excelsior Harely Indian

G'day all

I have been collecting prewar bikes for 30+ years pending my retirement, well after 40 years service in the one business I retired late last year. Time for my long awaited projects

I have 15+ pre war British & American bikes (and one Australian) (most of them are from the 1920s), they are between 70-95% complete , none are restored or going

currently I am going through each one and documenting what parts I am missing, then I will make a start on one based on completeness and condition.

I am chasing some info in relation to my Excelsior Big X , which I will post in a separate thread

cheers

Warwick

Welcome Warwick! Sounds like one heck of a bike collection!
    Craig (Delaware)
    Perkiomen Chapter
    AMCA Member #1011

Welcome, sounds like a nice retirement plan
    Chuck

I can think of nothing better to do in retirement than to work on antique motorcycles. You may consider starting threads in the member bike build forum. It doesn't need to be a fancy approach to documenting your work, offer an endnote vision for your project and then keep track with photos and some comments. You will get reaction and comments that are supportive and often times contribute in ways you never would have realized. Member Bike Builds don't need to be basket cases and can even be small projects as part of the whole bike.

Good luck Warwick

G,day Warwick ,what is the Ozzie you own ? Rob

thankyou all for the supportive comments, and re my Australian bike its a "Invincible J.A.P." 1923, 770cc V/twin, built in Melbourne it is understood that only 600 were planned to be built but its unknown if even that many were actually built. Its quite a mix the Invincible has a British JAP motor and a British Burman gearbox, the rest was built in Melbourne. The folks look like a copy of the early 20's Excelsior / Henderson, the tanks look very similar in design to the early 20's Harley.left.jpg

the invincible jap is a nice bike ,don't see them around much at all ...

Welcome, Warwick. That Invincible is a beautiful motorcycle and was obviously built by people who loved, and lived for motorcycles in those days. I can see a very strong Ex/Hen influence as the fork looks off-the-shelf Schwinn, and the frame has many similarities to Excelsior. Like you said, Harley-Davidson was also represented, but I don't see anything Indian What a fantastic project, Warwick; you're a lucky man. I think many of us would love to see a little more history about the Invincible, if you have any literature from that time.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

HInvincible JAP 001.jpgere is information I have on the Invincible.
    Tom

Very much appreciated, Tom. Thanks.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886