Thread: 1923 Schickel - need help

Default 1923 Schickel - need help

I have a 1923 Schickel Motorcycle that is not put together and I would like some guidance on how to get a value for it. Can anyone help? I have photos that I could upload but wanted to be sure this is the right forum to ask this type of question before I uploaded them. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

The Schickel is a very interesting, and historic bike. Our past Prez, Bob McClean had a Schickel and he was very proud of it. The Schickel is not on the same level as a same year Harley, Indian, Henderson, or Excelsior because they are so obscure, and being a 2 stroke motor; so different. However, that doesn't mean there isn't someone out there that is dying to have a Schickel for their collection. The AMCA is an excellent place to ask your questions, and post a few pictures. Ultimately, Ebay is probably the best place to offer what you have, and it gives your bike a world wide market to find it's value. Love to see some pictures.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Are you looking to sell? I am very interested in purchasing a Schickel. Do you have pictures you'd be willing to share? Feel free to message me privately.

Interesting, in 1924 Schickel successfully sued Indian for infringement on his sprung front fork patent, and they paid him $1750 – $.15/motorcycle which ‘borrowed’ his design (10,000 total had been produced), plus $250 for non-exclusive patent rights. He also sued Harley-Davidson for stealing his hinged rear mudguard patent, and they paid him $.10/motorcycle for his design (40,000 total) plus $1000 for non-exclusive rights to his patent.

https://youtu.be/84D8iTJYS6Q >>>Norbert Schickel Motorcycle Hall of Fame Induction. *YouTube.

*M.A.D.*
    Last edited by JoJo357; 02-23-2020 at 11:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoJo357 View Post
    Interesting, in 1924 Schickel successfully sued Indian for infringement on his sprung front fork patent, and they paid him $1750 – $.15/motorcycle which ‘borrowed’ his design (10,000 total had been produced), plus $250 for non-exclusive patent rights. He also sued Harley-Davidson for stealing his hinged rear mudguard patent, and they paid him $.10/motorcycle for his design (40,000 total) plus $1000 for non-exclusive rights to his patent.

https://youtu.be/84D8iTJYS6Q >>>Norbert Schickel Motorcycle Hall of Fame Induction. *YouTube.

*M.A.D.*
    Thanks for sharing those tasty tidbits of information!