Harley Davidson Humidor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harley Davidson Humidor

I've had this sitting on a self for over 25 years. I bought it at an estate sale in Ohio. The cap with the HD logo appears to be a one piece affair and not just a HD badge attached to it. There is nothing else on it that would suggest it's motorcycle related. It's brass colored tin with a 3 sailing ships design in black (Columbus' ships?) on one side. Has anyone seen one of these before?

001.jpg002.jpg003.jpg

Steve Slaminko

I've never, ever seen anything like hat. Very cool piece!
    DrSprocket

Comment

I say homemade. The emblem (even the remaining color) is exactly like the reproduction watch fobs sold in the '70s.
      Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

The R in Harley says Willie G Design..the paint outside the lines says crap.

Comment

Yeah, it's homemade. A closer inspection shows that the HD logo is glued to the cap. I had to pry up on an end a bit with a fine pick but it eventually started to come up. It seemed unlikely that it was an original HD piece but at least it became a conversation piece between a few of us.

Steve

Comment

What do you think the Bar and Shield came from? Don't discount that the humidor in itself isn't a unique value. Did you say it was plated?

Mike Love

Comment

[QUOTE=ihrescue;185892... Don't discount that the humidor in itself isn't a unique value. ...[/QUOTE]

It would be better unmolested,. of course,. Mike!

Cigars were never my style, but it would be in daily use for dog treats.

(I'd wipe off that sailing ship stencil off in a heart beat.)

....Cotten
              PS: Is it 'spun brass', Steve?

Awesome if it is.

Not that its not special anyway!
              Last edited by T. Cotten; 12-01-2019, 04:50 PM.
              AMCA #776
              Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

No idea where the bar and shield came from but I suspect it's as Robbie and duffey theorized (1970's). The material is plated tin, not spun brass. In the long run it doesn't matter. I'll just leave it on the shelf with the other useless but neat to look at things I've collected over the years.

Steve Slaminko

PS: I kinda like the sailing ships :-).

Comment

The cap looks a bit like the top I once had on a HD beer stein.

Craig

Comment

Working...
                  X