Thread: Harley Davidson Humidor

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Harley Davidson Humidor

I've had this sitting on a self for over 25 years. I bought it at an estate sale in Ohio. The cap with the HD logo appears to be a one piece affair and not just a HD badge attached to it. There is nothing else on it that would suggest it's motorcycle related. It's brass colored tin with a 3 sailing ships design in black (Columbus' ships?) on one side. Has anyone seen one of these before?

001.jpg002.jpg003.jpg

Steve Slaminko

I've never, ever seen anything like hat. Very cool piece!
    DrSprocket

I say homemade. The emblem (even the remaining color) is exactly like the reproduction watch fobs sold in the '70s.
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

The R in Harley says Willie G Design..the paint outside the lines says crap.

Yeah, it's homemade. A closer inspection shows that the HD logo is glued to the cap. I had to pry up on an end a bit with a fine pick but it eventually started to come up. It seemed unlikely that it was an original HD piece but at least it became a conversation piece between a few of us.

Steve

What do you think the Bar and Shield came from? Don't discount that the humidor in itself isn't a unique value. Did you say it was plated?

Mike Love