2018 AMCA Calendar Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 AMCA Calendar Question

On the September page of the 2018 calendar there is a small photo of two members on a Northern Rockies Chapter's Road Run based out of
    Kaslo, British Columbia filling up their motorcycles. They are stopped at the "last operating glass-cylinder gravity gas pump" in Canada.
    Can anybody tell me where this gas station is located? I will be up in British Columbia in the future and would like to see it.
    While on this topic, does anybody know if there is a similar gas station still operating in the U.S.A.?
    Thank you.

That gas pump is in the small community of Trout Lake on B.C. 31 at the north end of the lake. The two riders are friends and I was with them and others that day on the National Road Run hosted by the AMCA Northern
    Rockies Chapter. Kaslo, Nakusp, New Denver, Nelson are some of the towns in the beautiful West Kootenay and Selkirk mountains. You will see on a map that you can get to Trout Lake from Kaslo either via Nakusp or via Meadow Creek and Gerrard and a graded gravel road on the east side of the lake. Everywhere here is beautiful and the Kaslo - New Denver road is a top rated motorcycle route. So is the Slocan Vallley. (I am a little biased as I once lived in this area.) By coincidence, there was also an AMCA National Road Run that was based in Nelson in Sept, 2001 hosted by the Orca Chapter and we visited this site then too. It is also memorable as it ended two days before 9/11 happened. (So it is timely that you ask about this site.)
    Send me a private email if you would like more info.
    John Crawford #2806

Comment

Oops! It was a N. Rockies Chapter RR, not a National. That was a few years earlier!
      John

Comment

Working...
      X