I think I am rich...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I am rich...

Somewhere I have a whole box of unopened Eagle Iron badges...

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F113765220497

Craig

You don't really think that this clown is going to get $500.00 for these Taiwan replacements. Although I wouldn't put it passed someone.
    Craig

Comment

The prices for items on eBay has went waaay off the rails!

Comment

Originally posted by 41craig View Post
        You don't really think that this clown is going to get $500.00 for these Taiwan replacements. Although I wouldn't put it passed someone.
        Craig
        He will, they've been selling for that and more since they are no longer made.....both 57 and these 58 style.......

Comment

riggpigg; You are correct. I just checked a few of my resources and I don't see them. V-Twin has them in the 2019 catalog, but not in the dealer price book. I checked the Ebay vendors and they are asking $499.99, but I don't see anywhere on their feedback that they have sold any for that out of site price.
          Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 41craig View Post
            riggpigg; You are correct. I just checked a few of my resources and I don't see them. V-Twin has them in the 2019 catalog, but not in the dealer price book. I checked the Ebay vendors and they are asking $499.99, but I don't see anywhere on their feedback that they have sold any for that out of site price.
            Craig
            Im a V twin Dealer, they don't have any and haven't had for several years. They are made of plastic, plastic is derived from hydrocarbons. They have a life span of 20 years, maybe 25, then they deteriorate. I hope some mfg steps up to start making these again. Until then, it seems as though we are SOL. I have seen them as high as 750 dollars. Trust me, if someone needs them, they will pay that for them.

Comment

For every seat on E-Bay there is a ass! There are people in this hobby these day's with silly money. $500 clams is nothing. When I die my kids have already been ordered to part them out for Mama. Bob L
              AMCA #3149
              http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Luland View Post
                For every seat on E-Bay there is a ass! There are people in this hobby these day's with silly money. $500 clams is nothing. When I die my kids have already been ordered to part them out for Mama. Bob L
                I agree, there is reality, and there is Ebay. EBAY has been both boon and blessing to our crowd. Id also throw in another chapter, that is "there's Auctions" to go along with Ebay. I will say that since the early and mid 90's things have gotten a little, well, out there. I sold a 1969 FLH years ago at a show in Denver that was a totally crazy number. I learned a valuable lesson on that bike. That is, don't be afraid to ask a price. I paid stupid money yesterday for a OEM trim kit for my 40 EL, but I knew I'd likely never find another, so I bit the bullet. Without Ebay Id have searched in vain and spent $$$$$$ in that search by attending swap meets etc, so I chose to spend the money. I know through word of mouth, connections, and
                just dumb luck, obsolete items can be found, and I used to love the "search" but as I get on in age, I just want the project DONE!! So I can enjoy. I don't bag on eBay, because Ive found a lot of "stuff" on there, even found "stuff" I never realized I needed...............................

Comment

The only lesson I get from this thread, Folks,..

Is grab any quality reproductions while you can.
                  Blink three times, and they are out of production.

....Cotten
                  AMCA #776
                  Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

I paid stupid money yesterday for a OEM trim kit for my 40 EL, but I knew I'd likely never find another, so I bit the bullet.
                    Never say never!!

Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Originally posted by T. Cotten View Post
                      The only lesson I get from this thread, Folks,..

Is grab any quality reproductions while you can.
                      Blink three times, and they are out of production.

....Cotten
                      I don't think it's a conspiracy by manufacturers, but if you have something that has a shelf life, such as plastics, and that manufacturer stops for what ever reason, you are left with not many choices. So you might want to pick up a spare and put it somewhere it will be somewhat preserved. I've experienced this situation with a myriad of other items, its not simply plastic motorcycle emblems. I try not to overthink it.

Comment

Thats the one......LMAO, at least I got the OEM box......

Comment

Originally posted by riggpigg View Post
                          I don't think it's a conspiracy by manufacturers, but if you have something that has a shelf life, such as plastics, and that manufacturer stops for what ever reason, you are left with not many choices. So you might want to pick up a spare and put it somewhere it will be somewhat preserved. I've experienced this situation with a myriad of other items, its not simply plastic motorcycle emblems. I try not to overthink it.
                          Its like this, Riggpigg...

If you ever deal with more exotic models,
                          quality productions are often not only limited in availability, but limited in quantity.

The only 'plastics' I encounter are Micarta and Bakelite.

(Just ignore that PEEK stuff...)

....Cotten
                          Last edited by T. Cotten; 06-01-2019, 01:09 PM.
                          AMCA #776

Comment

Originally posted by T. Cotten View Post
                            Its like this, Riggpigg...

productions are often not only limited availability, but limited in quantity.

Same thing?????

(Just ignore that PEEK stuff...)

....Cotten

I'm refering to emblems, wire sheathing, lenses etc. I have dealt with Bakelite in split cane fly rod reel seats etc. As more machines reach "Antique" status, plastics will be more prevalent.
                            It seems like at least once a year I grab an old plastic divided box full of screws, bolts and various small parts only to have it split or crumble in my hands. Seat material, foam rubber and the like deteriorates seemingly faster than it used to.....
                            A 1970 machine just doesn't seem that old to me, but it's probably lasted waaaay past its intended or expected life. Let alone teens, twenties, thirties on up. Looking at modern vehicles, I wonder if preservation/restoration as we know it will even be possible???
                            Like I'll be around to see, or care.......lol

Comment

Originally posted by riggpigg View Post
                              I'm refering to emblems, wire sheathing, lenses etc. I have dealt with Bakelite in split cane fly rod reel seats etc. As more machines reach "Antique" status, plastics will be more prevalent.
                              It seems like at least once a year I grab an old plastic divided box full of screws, bolts and various small parts only to have it split or crumble in my hands. Seat material, foam rubber and the like deteriorates seemingly faster than it used to.....
                              A 1970 machine just doesn't seem that old to me, but it's probably lasted waaaay past its intended or expected life. Let alone teens, twenties, thirties on up. Looking at modern vehicles, I wonder if preservation/restoration as we know it will even be possible???
                              Like I'll be around to see, or care.......lol
                              Wow RiggPigg,

Your edited quote almost put words in my mouth. (careful, please..)

The 'resto' industry is far wider than catalog and clone-catalog harley offerings.
                              Just my shelves of dried-in-the-can Gasgacinch and impotent rattlecans from Tedd say you preach to the choir.

Let us be in total agreement that 'resto', or even serious 'conservation' of hardware produced after circa '65, is an ebay search.

....Cotten
                              AMCA #776

Comment

Working...
                              X