Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 45 Magnum Engine

Good 'Day All,

I purchased a set of 45 cases that have been welded, machined and what I thought was ready to go to build a 45 magnum engine, however the cylinder bolt pattern do not match the early sportster cylinders I have. Below is a picture of the bolt hole pattern the was installed.
    Can anybody tell which bolt pattern I have?
    Disregard the actual gasket pictured as it was only used for illustration purposes, and measurments.
    Cylinder base gasket measurements.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Brian

Doesn't look like 900cc Sportster, the spigot hole is too small (should be 3.25"). The 1000cc is even bigger.
    Is that gasket rotated? The 2 pairs of left case studs are 2-7/8" apart from each other (same as a 45, but father to the left on the new metal).
    Got a picture of the case deck?
    The Linkert Book

Comment

Sorry for the delay, but I was away on holidays. Here are the pictures as per your request.

For some reason I cant get them to view the right way???Pic1.jpgPic2.jpgPic3.jpgPic4.jpgPic5.jpg

Also please accept the crudeness of the down & dirty caliper measurments. Hopefully you can make heads or tail of it.

Brian
      Last edited by 45-Brian; 09-10-2018, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Thanks, but doesn't match any Sportster I know of, everything is too small.
        This may be for an English single, for more about this and some pictures of a Magnum under construction see my page here: http://victorylibrary.com/tech/enigmas2.htm
        The Linkert Book

Comment

Working...
        X