Weston ammeter rebuilding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weston ammeter rebuilding

I was wondering if anyone could direct me to someone that can rebuild a 354 Weston ammeter. I have contacted Kevin at the Indian gauge company and he no longer rebuilds them.

Thank you,
    Mike
    Attached Files

Tough to find someone to do that, but.... Look locally for an instrument repair place. Go to a local airport and ask around for instrument repair facilities. Many aircraft are still using analog type gauges, as opposed to digital gauges.

Comment

I have been wondering the same thing to. I have a number of 30-0-30 Westons that I want to have rewound to 10-0-10. Surely they are no different nor any more complicated than a standard amp gauge. It seems that no one repairs anymore, and most gauges are digital now as Gene eluded too.

Might just have to bite the bullet and pull one apart myself and see what can be done.

Unfortunately the repo ones out of Poland aren't an exact replica, so that option is out.

Comment

I still cant find any one that wants to rebuild the gauge. Contacted a few gauge company's and they don't even return my phone calls.

Comment

Hi Mike and all- there is a place in Worcester MASS that might be able to help.

http://www.mykmlifestyle.com/

The original place in Worcester was Atwater Kent. He basically made the radio a household item in the teens. I'm told they do all kinds of this work too, but I can't find a # yet. In the website above, they reference Atwater Kent......
          Last edited by DanM; 10-10-2016, 07:01 PM.
          Dan Margolien
          Yankee Chapter National Meet July 31/August 1 2020 at the TERRYVILLE Fairgounds, Terryville CT.
          Www.yankeechapter.org
          Pocketvalve@gmail.com

Comment

I had mine ( 1934 VLD ) by Joel Levine , 800 456-6267 , 404-219-0594 . It was expensive a bout $350 .

Comment

Working...
            X