case welding recomendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• case welding recomendation

A piece of shattered thrust washer entered the crankcase breather hole on my 41EL, so case needs crack repair as well as an area about the size of a dime added. Also would require the breather valve bore sleeved (eyeballing gouges in the bore, they look to be as much as .030 - .040 deep in the worst area.

Also one of the forward motor mount bolt holes is cracked across the hole..... and timing hole has been oversized, so would like to put a stock plug back in it.

I see no previous welds on either case halves, so not cleaning up somebody else’s mess.

Sorry to hear Tom Shaw of Creekside passed as true craftsmen are getting so difficult to find.

Visited a couple of local weld shops in my area (south of Seattle), but not confident with responses recieved so would appreciate any help.

Thanks, Erik...

Have a look in the AMCA magazine for an advertisement for panhead ex port repair,Arnos. From what I have seen he does excellent work.
    Kyle Oanes AMCA # 3046

Comment

I agree with Kyle. Arno does excellent work. He has all the fixtures to hold the pieces properly and the welding skills and machining skills from over 30 years as a Master Machinist. He is also fair on his pricing.

Tom (Rollo) Hardy
      AMCA #12766

Comment

Thanks Gents! Just got my cases back from Arno and couldn't be happier.

Prior to sending, I had them vapor blasted... revealing substantial corrosion pockets... which Arno did a great job repairing as well.

Comment

Working...
        X