Fender Tip Dilemma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Tip Dilemma

Hi all. I read through pages of posts here but couldn't find an answer, so here I go

I am trying to restore a '57 Hydra Glide and cannot find out what fender tip is correct for my bike. I am trying to be true to the bike's original state, though I know it'll never be 100%. I looked in the Palmer book but there is little to nothing on trim, at least that I can find. There was one on ebay that was black and gold eagle iron, looked kinda like the '57 Chevy hood and it looks like it has a lamp and one that was kinda a flat, silver piece which was V Twin. Anyone have an idea?

Thanks
    Tinker

It has a plastic one that was 57 and 58 only. While then tank emblems were different colors in 57 and 58 the fender tips were the same. 57 tank emblems were gold and red and 58 were gold and black the fender tips for both were gold and red and made of plastic. The 57 one has a black line where it would say Harley Davidson and the 58 has a red line.

Tom (Rollo) Hardy
    AMCA #12766

Comment

Thanks a bunch Tom. Is this the correct style tip then, provided I can find one with the black?
      57 pan tip.JPG

Comment

I think I found it on ebay. Is this the correct tip???!!!!
        57 pan tip black.JPG
        $_57.jpg
        Last edited by Tink; 04-30-2014, 11:48 AM. Reason: tried to get pic bigger

Comment

The second one is it. You got 'er man, way to go!!!

Tom (Rollo) Hardy
          AMCA #12766

Comment

ummmm... girl Thanks so much Tom (Rolo)

Comment

Tink,

If this is the tip you are looking for I have a NOS Eagle Iron one. If interested you can email me at kimandlorriecapasso@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by 58panman View Post
                Tink,

If this is the tip you are looking for I have a NOS Eagle Iron one. If interested you can email me at kimandlorriecapasso@gmail.com
                Tink I reviewed your thread, and discovered I did not understand the black vs red I thought you were talking the tank badges. In reviewing the photos couldn't see the black in the bar on the bar and shield. I just learned thru you that there were 2 different ones. My bar and shield is red. Sorry for mis-leading you.

Comment

Originally posted by 58panman View Post
                  Tink I reviewed your thread, and discovered I did not understand the black vs red I thought you were talking the tank badges. In reviewing the photos couldn't see the black in the bar on the bar and shield. I just learned thru you that there were 2 different ones. My bar and shield is red. Sorry for mis-leading you.
                  That's ok, in rereading it myself it does not come through as clearly as it sounded in my head. I purchased both the tips and found that both the bars and shields are red. Go figure

Comment

Originally posted by Tink View Post
                    That's ok, in rereading it myself it does not come through as clearly as it sounded in my head. I purchased both the tips and found that both the bars and shields are red. Go figure
                    That is what my NOS and Eagle Iron ones are.

Comment

Working...
                    X