Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: The 1916 Excelsior

That bike is sharp.....Ide get a tingle in my spine everytime i fired it up...

I sold that bike 2 weeks ago, and I'll spend the rest of my life regretting it. I put more work, and effort into that 1916 Excelsior than any bike I have ever owned, and I know I sold it too cheap. It broke my heart to sell it, but domestic harmony and common future goals were the incentive. In that respect, it was the right decision. I have known hard-core collectors, and nut-jobs that wouldn't sell a used gasket and their lives were miserable, selfish, and self centered. I don't want to be like that and I want to have a life that is only supplemented by my love of old motorcycles. People need to balance their selfish, materialistic side, with the greater goal of internal peace, and harmony. . . . Hi-awawa, huhu mama wah-wah, or some other hippy horseshit You know what I mean. '
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Quote Originally Posted by exeric View Post
    I sold that bike 2 weeks ago, and I'll spend the rest of my life regretting it. I put more work, and effort into that 1916 Excelsior than any bike I have ever owned, and I know I sold it too cheap. It broke my heart to sell it, but domestic harmony and common future goals were the incentive. In that respect, it was the right decision. I have known hard-core collectors, and nut-jobs that wouldn't sell a used gasket and their lives were miserable, selfish, and self centered. I don't want to be like that and I want to have a life that is only supplemented by my love of old motorcycles. People need to balance their selfish, materialistic side, with the greater goal of internal peace, and harmony. . . . Hi-awawa, huhu mama wah-wah, or some other hippy horseshit You know what I mean. '
    No, but I know it ain't all about you, Eric.

I hoard my used gaskets;
    Not your problem.

....Cotten
    Attached Images Attached Images
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Oh i know what u mean, thier are plenty of selfish people , in the old car hobby too. With me family comes 1st, cars and bikes are way down on my list..As mr spock said (sometimes wanting is better than having)...brett

Quote Originally Posted by T. Cotten View Post
    No, but I know it ain't all about you, Eric.

I hoard my used gaskets;
    Not your problem.

....Cotten

What a stupid, mean spirited comment; even for a jerk like you, Cotton. Of course it's about me, and my 1916 Excelsior because I started this thread in 2013 to document my restoration process. Brettxlch made a kind observation, which allowed me to segue into the conclusion of the Excelsior project, and explain why I sold the bike. Your dislike for me is seriously clouding your judgment. In the future, mind your own damn business, and stay on topic.

P.S. . . . . I better not say any more.
    Last edited by exeric; 03-03-2019 at 01:15 AM.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

What a stupid, mean spirited comment; even for a jerk like you, Cotton. Of course it's about me, and my 1916 Excelsior because I started this thread in 2013 to document my restoration process. Brettxlch made a kind observation, which allowed me to segue into the conclusion of the Excelsior project, and explain why I sold the bike. Your dislike for me is seriously clouding your judgment. In the future, mind your own damn business, and stay on topic.

P.S. . . . . I better not say any more.
    Please guys were supposed to live in harmony!!!!

Eric, I just went thru this build again. It's even better on the second read. I keep seeing details in the pics I didn't notice before. great work.
    I bet we would have better luck living in harmony than singing in harmony

I totally agree!!! It's like a fine wine, gets mellow with age. A shame You had to sell Eric, but maybe the advance project will pre-occupy your thoughts with new horizons. I surely hope You sold to someone who appreciated the effort, time, care & love you put into that 1916 Chi-Town Doll!!! Sometimes that offsets the price drop? Besides, it's all Karma Baby--no hippie sTuFf, just fact! Everything will work out for the best! You never stated which controls you used--old or new?
    Take it easy Eric, & Good luck.

*M.A.D.*
    Last edited by JoJo357; 03-03-2019 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Luland View Post
    Eric, you didn't look hard enough. They are there, in a box under something. Move onto the next plateau and keep looking. They did not grow legs. Bob
    I especially liked this scenario! Bob L. must have ESP!!! haha.

*M.A.D.*

Sometimes i can't help wonder if this is some of our AMCA Members?

https://youtu.be/PZFoJiqmW2s >>>Vintage 1960's Anacin TV Commercial--YouTube.

*M.A.D.*
    Last edited by JoJo357; 03-03-2019 at 07:39 PM.