Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Vintage Pics of the Day

My Mom found these among a bunch of family photos.

H-D 2.jpg

H-D.jpg

Dale

Since its now about family, Folks,...

Only recently have I learned the young lady in this pic is 'Laura White',
    and the photo taken around Seattle.

The rider is ninety-six now I think, and my daughter says they give his cancer a week.

....Cotten
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by T. Cotten; 09-11-2020 at 08:37 PM.
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Quote Originally Posted by painterdale View Post
    My Mom found these among a bunch of family photos.

H-D 2.jpg

H-D.jpg

Dale
    Sure nice to have that family tradition.

Mike Love

Quote Originally Posted by ihrescue View Post
    ChiefTwoKicks - do you have any details on Walter Kreft's trec to California on his new 1936 H-D? I did find a brief obituary of his passing at age 94 and that he owned and operated Walt & Carl's Motorcycle Shop in Sonora, CA.

Mike Love
    Thanks, Mike. Yes, I bought a rolling basket '47 Chief from Mr. Kreft back in 1997. He told me he was a former motorcycle shop owner. He also told me, when I called him about buying the bike... "I just wanted to build one more bike before I croaked". Man, I jumped in the truck and hauled ass up to Tuttletown, CA (just outside Sorona) aas it was about a 6 hour drive up north. I got there just before dark, and we struck a deal. At the time, I was lucky to find a skirted Chief for under 6 grand. I remember his ad in Walnecks. It said... "'47 Chief, new motor, fresh paint." That's it. Although the bike was not all that. The motor had freshly honed barrels and a new spray-can two tone paint job. Oh, yea... Indian hubs laced to Harley 16's, and a big old school Harley "couch" for a seat. No bars, and tanks that leaked. Really quite a mess. But when I got it back to Taft,CA. where I worked, my work friends asked me why I bought it. I told them it was "mostly" together, and when I was done with it, I could get it started in two kicks !! They laughed at me, so I bet them (all 5 of them) a steak dinner every Friday nite if I lost the bet !! Actually, I was pretty confident, I had a '46 years earlier as a pup. Anyway, I won the Bet !! Hence, the moniker "ChiefTwoKicks"... I thought I should carry on the story as it's sort of a bit of "Indian" lore... at least in Taft !! You'd have to work there to understand that part. Anyway, you asked, so there you have it .
    Happy to see some of the "Vintage Pictures of the Day"... along with a few stories of yesteryear. Roger

pops H-D.jpg My pop and his buddys around 1950,he is the one wearing the and holding the stick.

Vintage Pic of the Day - September 12, 2020

IMG_4861.jpg

Back to a photo from Lewis Reed - a selfie on North Market Street in Frederick MD.

Mike Love

Quote Originally Posted by pan620 View Post
    pops H-D.jpg My pop and his buddys around 1950,he is the one wearing the and holding the stick.
    With the classic hat of the day. Did he continue to have motorcycles?

Mike Love

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefTwoKicks View Post
    Anyway, I won the Bet !! Hence, the moniker "ChiefTwoKicks"... I thought I should carry on the story as it's sort of a bit of "Indian" lore... at least in Taft !! You'd have to work there to understand that part. Anyway, you asked, so there you have it .
    Happy to see some of the "Vintage Pictures of the Day"... along with a few stories of yesteryear. Roger
    Great story and thanks for sharing it.

Mike Love

I'm sure you're familiar with this picture, Mike.
    Hagerstown, Md.

gzboMd.jpg

Dale

Quote Originally Posted by painterdale View Post
    I'm sure you're familiar with this picture, Mike.
    Hagerstown, Md.

gzboMd.jpg

Dale
    I like Indian script and like the action in this photo with the bystander interest.

Mike Love