No announcement yet.

Sidecar Forum Section?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it just feels like a longer trip than it is..... I gotta stay home if I ever expect to get that '48 runnin'!
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Comment

are ya working tomorrow cory??

Comment

Yup...........
        Cory Othen
        Membership#10953

Comment

check yer in box amigo.

Comment

Not sure but you may be right Cory, Just curious what else does this guy have stashed up in those hills?
            Chuck
            AMCA Member#1848

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck#1848 View Post
              Not sure but you may be right Cory, Just curious what else does this guy have stashed up in those hills?
              Chuck.... this fella is a flatlander and he's stumbled upon a Hedstrom era Indian, a late '30's Chief as well as the sidecar lately. I've put a bug in his ear on my "wish" list. It's another set of eyes and as you know that can be very helpful. How's the VL coming along?
              Cory Othen
              Membership#10953

Comment

The Vl is at a stand still the past month we finally tore into the Kitchen last room in the house of this old farm house as in no insulation in the walls and plaster and lath,I was in the process of getting all the sheet metal together to start the paint process. As it is I am planing on going with Black and gold pin strips ironicly that is the same color as the 741 is that I picked up last fall.

I still need a set of wheels and tires along with some small items.

I will start going through the motor parts that I have collected to be sure I have what is needed and then see about having it assembled at least the lower end one thing I am still looking for is a good set of heads what I have some of the fins are broke and the edges are rusted a bit I know the fins can be repaired but then the edges of the heads that are rusted where the code dates and numbers are to me would stick out like a sore thumb.

I will try and post some photos not much to look at but it's getting there...just not as fast as I would like.
                Chuck
                AMCA Member#1848

Comment

Oh another thing I did see was a 32 vl frame at Oley that I would have loved to bring home I have the guys number I should call and see if it sold he said that there was another guy intersted in it I do intend to attach a 3rd wheel to it
                  Chuck
                  AMCA Member#1848

Comment

Can't wait to see the finished product Chuck! VL's are cool........
                    Cory Othen
                    Membership#10953

Comment

It would be nice to run across something like this at the next swap meet.
                      An original Goulding Ls. Looks good and complete, it is the early 29-34,
                      with the fender mounted off the sidecar body by three metal braces. Notice
                      the Goulding "G" hubcap, the Abresh dutch shoe body with cover, spare tire carrier, she is a beauty, can't see if it has all the mounts, but if it does, that rascal would fetch a pretty good price I bet.

Comment

maybe servicars too?

Chuck great idea! maybee servicars too or a combined sidehack/servi section (all things three wheels!). Servicar people tend to be servi nuts so bet it would get some real interest. Kevin- excited about the new site and good seeing you yesterday- Anthony.

Comment

Originally posted by parkerize View Post
                          Chuck great idea! maybee servicars too or a combined sidehack/servi section (all things three wheels!). Servicar people tend to be servi nuts so bet it would get some real interest. Kevin- excited about the new site and good seeing you yesterday- Anthony.
                          Well I am a dedicated sidecar jockey but hey the servi-cars are pretty cool to so I would say why not like you said all things 3 wheels.

July the 8th to the 11th the United Sidecar Association is holding it's 32nd National sidecar rally for those that may be intrested in stopping by in Essex Junction Vermont at the Champlain Valley Exposition,

It would be nise to see more of the old stuff attend again

For more information you can contact me at ne_director@sidecar.com
                          Last edited by Chuck#1848; 06-25-2010, 09:03 AM.
                          Chuck
                          AMCA Member#1848

Comment

Chuck
                            after I requested a "sidecar" section, then you guys come up with anything 3 wheeled!!!!!
                            I will try to get it done "side cars & three wheelers"
                            the new web site is being worked on right now, so it is not too late
                            Kevin Valentine 13
                            EX-Chief Judge

Comment

Originally posted by kval View Post
                              Chuck
                              after I requested a "sidecar" section, then you guys come up with anything 3 wheeled!!!!!
                              I will try to get it done "side cars & three wheelers"
                              the new web site is being worked on right now, so it is not too late
                              LOL Sorry about that Kevin
                              Hey as long as we get the sidecars section it's a start, I am sure we could find some room for the servi-car jockeys there

Thanks for helping us out with this
                              Chuck
                              AMCA Member#1848

Comment

Way cool, I like it "Servicar Jockeys", who would have thought?
                                What are you when you ride both?
                                Maybe a hacked servicar jockey?
                                Denise

Comment

Working...
                                X