Panhead Photos Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panhead Photos Needed

Dear AMCA Panhead owners, you may have heard of 'The VL Years' and 'The Knucklehead Years' book series, and now I'm embarking on another non-commercial project to make period literature available to the next generation. The idea is to cover the 18 Panhead years 1948-65 in six 400-500 page volumes covering three years each. These will contain every Enthusiast magazine, dealer new model announcement, and sales brochure, with some technical commentary for each model year and photos of good bikes. I'm asking for your help with pictures. The books are landscape format, so will include full page photos. All the pictures will be credited, and it is your choice to include the engine number and a few words on history, paint scheme, accessories etc. I'm hoping for two or three bikes per year, so that will be a lot of quality information for people to see. If you no longer have the bike you may still have photos. Pictures Emailed to vlheaven@aol.com at over a megabyte will go to full page, and smaller ones can still go on the back covers.

If there are literature collectors among you, I should have all the Enthusiast magazines, but may be short of a few dealer announcements and sales brochures, so please consider donating copies or selling spare items.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give to this project. Steve Slocombe.
Working...
X