Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1928 JDH? and 1929 ???? Harleys coming to auction in Kansas

Hi folks:

I was in Tulsa this past weekend for the giant arms collectors show. Had a blast, taped a segment for an Outdoor Channel show called Guns and Gold -- sort of an Antiques Roadshow for collectible firearms.

While I was there, one of my acquaintences who runs an auction house mentioned that he is auctioning off two HD Basket cases later this month. He also said that there is a 1928 sidecar, fully restored (he described it as all painted and ready to go.) The 1929 I believe is twin headlight and he said it is '90 percent' there from what he can determine. That should make it an early VL? The JD he is not sure about. JD? JDH? JDJ? No idea.

The auction is a collectible firearms auction, not a motorcycle auction. There is a good chance these will go for reasonable $$. I am told there are pictures online, but I have not gone to his site yet.

Company is Kull Auction Center in Topeka. 800 466 5516. www.armsbid.com info@armsbid.com

The company allows phone and online bidding and I think he said the online bidding was through Proxibid.

I'm not affiliated, but I said I would post on AMCA for him as maybe one of you guys is interested in a project at a potentially good price. If you call, let him know you saw it on AMCA forum.

Cheers,

Sirhr
Working...
X