Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pleased to make your acquaintance. From Rockford MI

Hello,
    I owned a 1966 Honda 50 in 1968. Followed that with a 1966 CL 160 Honda in 1970. Worked in a Norton, BSA, Greeves, and Honda shop in 1969-70.
    Purchased a 1969 RE Series II Interceptor that was broke in 1972. Got it running in short order. Got married in '75. Sold the RE in 1986. Bought a 1999 RE Bullet in 2000. Sold the Bullet in '04. Bought another 1966 CL 160 in '07. Brought the 160 back from the dead in '13. Whew!

Now, sadly, my wife's uncle passed away last winter from an extended battle with Alzheimer's disease. He left his widow with about 23 vintage motorcycles. We chatted at length about what to do with the bikes. She agreed to allow me to dust them off; clean the fuel system, change the oil, light them up and get them out there into the marketplace.. He did a great job of keeping them free from mods and molestation.

This is a great privilege. You may be able to relate to the gratifying feeling of seeing and hearing these machines come to life after so many years. Auntie and her children agree that this is what her husband would have wanted. The way of the auction, tho quick, does not seem to do justice to his memory.
    I'll introduce you to the bikes in subsequent posts.
    Best regards,

Don
Working...
X