In Addition to Open Elections.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Addition to Open Elections.......

A point was made on the previous thread about the majority of members are not particularly interested in national politics. This is undoubtedly true. I have been in the AACA and three National early Ford Clubs with memberships larger than the AMCA for many years. Rarely, if ever, I've voted in a the national elections that are held annually by all those clubs, simply because I knew very few of the individual candidates. In reality, only a small percentage of the members actually elect the boards.

I signed the petition for the open elections at Oley. But I would also like to see a mechanism established that when the BOD is considering an issue that has a large financial impact on the Club such as creating additional paid positions, salary increases to current positions, large contributions or donations to the Museum, Foundation, etc, significant changes to the by-laws, judging changes, etc, that it be required that they advise all Chapter presidents in advance with reasonable lead time so these things can be discussed with chapter members. Then, it is up to the BOD to meet with the Chapter Presidents to determine how the Chapters feel about the issues and have a majority of Chapter Presidents approve of the changes prior to their adoption.

This can easily be done by notifying the Chapters after the spring meeting (normally Eustis) and discussion with the Chapter Presidents at the regular meeting at Davenport. Perhaps this might create some "transparency" and fostering a feeling of a little Club "ownership" among the membership that cares about this. MHO only.

Steve Ciccalone
Working...
X