Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My big thanks for the help!

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to say thanks for those here on the forum that helped me with trying to figure out the HD parts that I had been given. I'm the one in the Flat head thread that didn't know how to date an engine.

I can't thank exeric enough (suggestions and sage advice), Rubone for leading me to tons of info (though I still never could figure it out how to date the transmission ) and both Chris Haynes & Jerry Wieland for helping me understand terminology. And thanks to Mr. Larson who answered my questions when I tried calling my local AMCA chapter for hands on help. Learning to count the screw holes was amusing, the man has the patience of a saint!!

My husband (dare I write this) is an avid Euro sportbike freak, and had told me I could do whatever I wanted with the HD parts including having someone build me a bike with them as his Dad had suggested. Having only been on a motorcycle twice in my life as a passenger, I have a lot to learn. I truly appreciate all of you trying to help me understand what was sitting in front of me taking up space in my livingroom. Alas, no custom bike for me made with historic, antique parts. I love historic buildings and cringe when I see them destroyed. I imagine it's the same for all of you with motorcycles. Hopefully, the engine and parts go to someone that can appreciate them better than I. If the parts sell, then that money goes to help restore historic buildings in our town, so I figure it's all good if I bail on building a bike.

Again, thank you all for helping me and opening my eyes to the wonderful world of antique motorcycles!

Kindest regards,

Debra
Working...
X