"The Gold Star Buyer's Companion"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Gold Star Buyer's Companion"

I'm not sure this is the right place to post this (or if I'm violating some rule in doing so; I certainly hope not). Anyway, in the mid-1990s I put together a lot of information to help me when looking for a BSA Gold Star. That information evolved into a book that was distributed by a bookstore that specialized in motoring books. The then technical officer of the Gold Star Owner's Club in the UK, the late John Gardner, kindly made suggestions and corrections that resulted in the 2nd edition. A few years later I had added enough new material to make a 3rd edition, at which point the bookstore went out of business and it essentially went out of print for a decade.

The publishing industry has changed since then. I added new information I had collected over the past decade, now have everything in color, and last night finally got the 4th edition into the necessary form for on-demand printing by CreateSpace, a subsidiary of Amazon.com. You can now find the book and a complete description its contents at:

https://www.createspace.com/4194981

I've been a member of the AMCA for ~15 years, which is long enough to have figured out most members are primarily interested in old U.S. bikes. However, if any of you do buy it, I would sincerely appreciate any comments, corrections, or criticisms. I would especially appreciate any suggestions for material that you wish had been included (in case there's ever a 5th edition). You can contact me directly at an email address I created for this purpose:

C15Spublications@gmail.com

After I accepted the final proof last night I went through the process of ordering a copy for myself from the above link, mostly to make sure at this point there were no glitches. Not surprisingly, it was as smooth as ordering from Amazon.com, and my copy will be here tomorrow (I paid for express delivery). Book publishing certainly has changed.
Working...
X