Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vintage Pics of the Day

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • tumblr_oh43uj5i8r1sh016ho1_1280.jpg
    Bob Rice #6738
    End of the Line TW'88

    Comment


    • $_57888.jpg
      Bob Rice #6738
      End of the Line TW'88

      Comment


      • Vintage Pic of the Day - March 22, 2021

        So the swing through the states by the numbers takes us to Massachusetts - home of Indian Motorcycle. Indian cycle on the flight line. Thought it was interesting seeing the kick of the guy turning the plane prop.

        Mike Love

        Screen Shot 2021-03-22 at 7.44.58 AM copy.jpg

        Comment


        • Originally posted by BigLakeBob View Post
          This photo is very interesting? First of all the diversity of bikes and one of my favorites and K model Harley. What is up with the mini foot lockers? Are they tied adequacy to the bikes or just a "let's get this photo done so we can get this done right" situation. Who was the older lady and how was she related to the group? Was she a clerk at the S. S. Kreske in the background where the footlockers came from? Does anyone really care about these questions? HaHa. Great photo Bob.

          Mike Love

          Comment


          • Originally posted by ihrescue View Post
            Vintage Pic of the Day - March 22, 2021

            ...Thought it was interesting seeing the kick of the guy turning the plane prop.

            Mike Love
            Very cool airplane. Beech 17 'Staggerwing'. Pushrod 'overhead valve' radial engine design that was part of the inspiration for the Knucklehead. And that kick was part the textbook method of hand-proping them back in the day.
            Last edited by droptopford; 03-22-2021, 10:53 AM.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by ihrescue View Post

              This photo is very interesting? First of all the diversity of bikes and one of my favorites and K model Harley. What is up with the mini foot lockers? Are they tied adequacy to the bikes or just a "let's get this photo done so we can get this done right" situation. Who was the older lady and how was she related to the group? Was she a clerk at the S. S. Kreske in the background where the footlockers came from? Does anyone really care about these questions? HaHa. Great photo Bob.

              Mike Love
              My guess was it is a picture of a "Pirates Treasure Run", talked about in old magazines. They were usually a sort of treasure/scavenger hunt following clues to find the "treasure chest". Those were either the chests getting ready to go out or the winners of the event.
              Robbie Knight Amca #2736

              Comment


              • Originally posted by ihrescue View Post
                Vintage Pic of the Day - March 16, 2021

                New Orleans 1969, a visit from a Houston area Grim Reaper MC member according to the caption.


                Mike Love

                Screen Shot 2021-03-16 at 1.20.15 PM copy.jpg
                New girlfriend on polishing duty says: "Hey! Where's the passenger pegs? .. . I want my hair curlers back!

                ....Cotten
                PS: What kind of heads does that Linkert feed?
                Last edited by T. Cotten; 03-22-2021, 05:46 PM.
                AMCA #776
                Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

                Comment


                • tumblr_oh46ptIBhW1sh016ho1_1280.jpg
                  Bob Rice #6738
                  End of the Line TW'88

                  Comment


                  • New girlfriend on polishing duty says: "Hey! Where's the passenger pegs? .. . I want my hair curlers back!

                    ....Cotten
                    PS: What kind of heads does that Linkert feed?
                    Last edited by T. Cotten; Today, 04:46 PM.
                    Shovel Heads made of aluminum heads based on the design of the ironhead XL heads but shallower. Since it had a linkert carb I would say it is 66 to 68.

                    Mike Love

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by droptopford View Post

                      Very cool airplane. Beech 17 'Staggerwing'. Pushrod 'overhead valve' radial engine design that was part of the inspiration for the Knucklehead. And that kick was part the textbook method of hand-proping them back in the day.
                      Thanks droptopford.

                      Mike Love

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Rubone View Post

                        My guess was it is a picture of a "Pirates Treasure Run", talked about in old magazines. They were usually a sort of treasure/scavenger hunt following clues to find the "treasure chest". Those were either the chests getting ready to go out or the winners of the event.
                        Thanks Robbie - I need to add another type of run to my list. I have been on again off again picking up bits of info from the old AMA magazine about the fundraising and fun road runs. The Pirates Treasure Run is a new one to me. Maybe someday do a little write up.

                        Mike Love

                        Comment


                        • $_571111.jpg
                          Bob Rice #6738
                          End of the Line TW'88

                          Comment


                          • Vintage Pic of the Day - March 23, 2021

                            Louisville, Kentucky motor cop.

                            Mike Love

                            Screen Shot 2021-03-23 at 7.43.13 AM copy.jpg

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by ihrescue View Post
                              Vintage Pic of the Day - March 23, 2021

                              Louisville, Kentucky motor cop.

                              Mike Love

                              Screen Shot 2021-03-23 at 7.43.13 AM copy.jpg
                              Isn't that a 1930 VL with the twin headlights? Time machine back to 1921!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by ihrescue View Post
                                Vintage Pic of the Day - March 23, 2021

                                Louisville, Kentucky motor cop.

                                Mike Love

                                Screen Shot 2021-03-23 at 7.43.13 AM copy.jpg
                                Probably a typo - bike is 1930 but still a neat picture. What is the device that other cop is leaning? Jerry

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X