Leave a comment:

• pem
    replied
    Alfred Horst.jpeg

Leave a comment:

• Rubone
    replied
    Originally posted by BigLakeBob View Post
    Another B&H shifter equipped bike in the foreground.

Leave a comment:

• BigLakeBob
    replied
    tumblr_o073bbaPXo1sh016ho1_1280.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Jerry Wieland
    replied
    Originally posted by pem View Post
    45799009_136680708333.jpg Clarence and Rose Zurn

Leave a comment:

• T. Cotten
    replied
    Originally posted by gharper View Post
    .... That bike has since been "un-chopped" and restored to the correct configuration.
    *gasp*

Please spare this one...

Super 600 right.jpg

....Cotten

Leave a comment:

• exeric
    replied
    Great information, Roger. You defined that early teen H-D progression very well.

Leave a comment:

• gharper
    replied
    The picture in # 3414 above shows the back side of Earl Chalfant, past AMCA President on his Indian "Chopper" He cut the frame and added a swing arm, making for a very long motorcycle. He rode that bike well into the late 80's or early 90's. That bike has since been "un-chopped" and restored to the correct configuration.

Leave a comment:

• pem
    replied
    22.jpeg

Leave a comment:

• BigLakeBob
    replied
    tumblr_o073c9vwsV1sh016ho1_1280.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Steve Swan
    replied
    Eric, i wish i could tell ya, but my knowledge base is limited to 26-28... the angular square tanks make it pre-16, as i understand it, could still order pedals post-15; that's nearly all i know about these early ones...! it's a wonderful picture!

Leave a comment:

• Panhead Ed
    replied
    Were these taken at B&D in NJ ?

Leave a comment:

• exeric
    replied
    Steve, or anyone. What year is this H-D Twin? No footboards means it's pre-'14. Would love to know the distinguishing features of 'whatever' year it is. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• exeric
    replied
    Originally posted by BigLakeBob View Post
    Bob, your picture of the lady at the parts book reminded me of an encounter I had a a post office in Orlando many years ago. I had ridden my '51FL w/sidecar to the post office, and when I came out, an elderly lady was looking at my bike. She said, "51 or '52?" I was surprised that she knew how similar those years were. I told her that no one ever came close to guessing the year of my bike and she said that she, and her husband had been Harley-Davidson dealers in Indiana in the 1950's and she was very familiar with that vintage H-D. She also said she liked the color I had painted it, but that it wasn't a factory color. She was anxious to leave, but I wish I had been able to talk to her more.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Swan
    replied
    374771510_10026938650712247_7789576897140931330_n.jpg

Leave a comment:

Working...
X