Chuck Myles

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • kval
    replied
    Originally posted by Phil Mast View Post
    Pete, I meant a "your honor" judge, that is what I had heard. .. Who can confirm that?
    Chuck was actually a "magistrate" for awhile which is different then a "your honor" judge. either way it is a hugh loss for the Indian community.

    Leave a comment:


  • fillibuster
    replied
    Originally posted by Pete Gagan View Post
    I met Chuck in 1962 at the first official Indian four meet. We both had white 38 fours and were close to the same age
    . Being the only two young guys there, (22 in my case) we naturally hit it off. His four was better than mine, so I redid mine when I returned home. He did ride a Chief hill-climber quite successfully competing with much newer machines. As far as I know he was never a judge, but probably because he wasn't interested in that aspect of our hobby.
    Pete Gagan
    Pete, I meant a "your honor" judge, that is what I had heard. .. Who can confirm that?

    Leave a comment:


  • Pete Gagan
    replied
    I met Chuck in 1962 at the first official Indian four meet. We both had white 38 fours and were close to the same age
    . Being the only two young guys there, (22 in my case) we naturally hit it off. His four was better than mine, so I redid mine when I returned home. He did ride a Chief hill-climber quite successfully competing with much newer machines. As far as I know he was never a judge, but probably because he wasn't interested in that aspect of our hobby.
    Pete Gagan

    Leave a comment:


  • fillibuster
    replied
    Originally posted by cube74 View Post
    Sad news, Chuck passed away last night. Great man who helped keep many an Indian on the road. He lives on through all of us he helped. RIP Chuck and thank you for all the times you helped me.
    I bought a lot of parts from Chuck when I first built my Chief, then bought a sidecar out of his grove, sight unseen. Caught him at Davenport one year too.
    I'd heard of him through another New Yorker when I was in the army in '73, when I first bought my chief, and that he was the man for parts.
    Part of what I liked about him was what I thought was true, but am not sure.
    Was he a judge?
    Did he ride an old Chief hill-climber in the 90's?
    Sounds like he was a heckuva guy. ... yeah, RIP, chuck.

    Leave a comment:


  • cube74
    started a topic Chuck Myles

    Chuck Myles

    Sad news, Chuck passed away last night. Great man who helped keep many an Indian on the road. He lives on through all of us he helped. RIP Chuck and thank you for all the times you helped me.
Working...