Fender light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender light

Just ordered the front fender light for my 1946 45. Trying to get it close to stock. Is there a right measurement from the tip of the fender for placing the light? I've seen them all over the place and would like to get it right. Thanks for any info.

Wow 83 views and nobody knows. Was this light an option or did they come with the bikes?

Comment

Well len, according to Bruce Palmer's book, the front fender lamp wasn't available at all after 1942 until the '47 models came out. There was a chrome shortage during WWII so chrome plated stuff was in short supply everywhere. No doubt someone could put one on if they could find one. I have an original '47 and the front mounting hole for the fender light is 3-11/16" from the front edge of the fender. Looks like the rear hole is 5" back from that.

Comment

Forgot to mention, the wiring hole is 3-1/2" back from the front mounting hole and offset about 3/8" to the left side of the bike, but make sure your replacement light matches up with that pattern before you drill the holes. The mounting holes are 5/16" and the wire hole is 7/16".

Comment

OK. Thanks for the info. Im wondering being a 46 I should even put it on now. I should invest in that book!I have an original later light, The one with the amber fin on top. It came with the bike in a box with some other goodies like spot lights ect but I knew it wasnt for that year of bike. Hmmm lots to learn. Thanks again.

Comment

len,
            I would NEVER put a hole in a perfectly good fender! Just me though!

Comment

Working...
            X