Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frame and Engine Dates

Hi all:

I'm new to this club and the hobby of restoring old bikes so please forgive me if I ask a stupid question. I have a pair of 68 Sportsters which have frame codes K7 and H7. My question is are these bikes elgible for judging at a national event since the engines have VIN 68XLxxxx?

Thanks,

Bob

The date codes on your frames indicate the month and year of manufacture, H being the 8th letter in the alphabet means it was made in the 8th month, August of 1967. Just in time to get the bike assembled for the 1968 new model introduction.

Comment

Correct Frame lettering stamps

I am replacing a damaged upper motor mount on a 1954 wishbone frame stamped H3. (Aug 53). The mount is a good repo V=Twin part. Is there a manufacturer that makes the stamps resembling Harley very close? This date code is stamped on the mount. I see original stamp sets go on Ebay for rediculase prices, out of my leage, like $7-800.00 bucks?? Anyone have a current brand name where I could order in a set at a reasonable price? thanks in advance.

Comment

frame and engine dates

Jon
        do not worry about the date codes on the frame, we would only look at them if the frame looks to be a different year then the engine. some judges might be a bit fussy, but I have never seen them that fussy!
        Kevin

Comment

Working...
        X