IND ID requested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IND ID requested

Hello, Can any of your members indentify the motocycle in the attached photo? It is my father and grandfather in a photo taken, I guess, around 1910-20. Thank you for any help you can give me. Gordon in Smithfield, RI
    Attached Files

Who is the guy in the L/H window?

Comment

Tim on the left, Fred mounted. And my guess -grandpa in the window.

Comment

1910 or 11 Little twin? Pretty sure it's painted black. 500cc?

Comment

My guess is little twin, 1910 due to lettering on tank etc....
          -MC

Comment

it seems to be sporting a V band corbin rear hub, not a flat band.might be 1911. do the fenders have an edge bead?or are they plain?

Comment

1910 Little Twin single speed. No fender tip, metal headstock badge, and leaf spring forks, and Corbin hub identify it as 1910 or 11. Block lettering is a 1910 feature, while '11 used script. The fenders appear to be plain, with no bead, another feature. Color was most likely dark blue, which was standard rather than Indian red. You could also order "Indian Green", black, or "Indian Grey", which was somewhat like Harley's Renault grey, but these colors are rare.
              The flat band brake was only used on the factory TT racers in '11.
              Pete Gagan

Comment

source- 1909,1910, 1911 indian sales pamphlets, "price list 13 indian motorcycle parts 1909-1913"
                these books show 09-10 indians to use flat band corbin brakes.these are replaced by v bands in 1911. smooth edged fenders for 09 and 10. beaded edge fenders starting in 1911,fender tip in 1912. parts books are not always correct but the viewing of original bikes seems to agree with it.

Comment

just took a glass to the photo. yes i agree 1910. headstock tag,block letters, smooth fenders(key feature) looks like 1910. i thought the brake looked like a v band, and that confused me but its hard to see.

Comment

Working...
                  X