paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paint

is clear coat acceptable over paint,as far as judgeing go'es?
    am told this helps to protect paint from gas spills. but don't want to jeperdize points.

clear coat

A thin coat of clear has been acceptable, discussed at all the judges meetings I've been to. It's the only way to protect the decals, and like you said from gas spills. Just so it's not so thick you can see it. I have an original paint 1936 fender where you can see the factory used a clear over the paint. Then they called it a shellac. My first time I got my '35 VLD judged, I got caught in a storm the weekend before the judging and wiped out my decals. I stuck them back on the best I could, then had it judged. Got knocked down for the messed up decals, that's when the judges said put some clear on it, so them things don't happen, especially if it's a rider.

Comment

To clear or not to clear?

I would like to know if there is an "offical" position on this from the AMCA . I am just about ready to paint my 46' Chief. The clear coat can make it have more of a shine and more durable but less original, and less points?

Comment

Kevin addressed this in judging sect. Thin coat. One or two clear. No High gloss.

It's fair. It encourages rideing.

Comment

Working...
        X