Tank Emblems 66-73 HD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tank Emblems 66-73 HD

Why is it when you ask a question it seems some people just don't understand it's like I'm speaken foreign language, My problem may be small but since i don't know anything almost every little thing seems huge to me My problem started when i asked 45 resto for emblems i asked are they originals with the curve and she said yes they are factory hd so what do you think i got . if i put these flat emblems on a curved tank they wil kink or krinkle their goes another week of saving up for $40 part !! plus the six dollars in freight. ?question am i screwed or what do i do?

the problem with replacement parts direct from h.d. is that an outside vender is supplying them , so just by them saying that the are factory , there still repop stuff and most of the repop stuff is a close fit but nothing like old n.o.s. h. d. parts ,now this only relates to older bike parts . you can go to any aftermarket parts dealer an get the same aftermarket parts that harley sells thru the dealer . now im sure this will bring out alot of replys

Comment

JB,
      If you can find a Harley Dealer that has old stock Golfcar parts the emblems are the same!Or you may find some on a car that arent all that bad. I do believe those NOS emblems came flat and you have to be careful and just give them a little bend ever sooooo slight, they may even bend when you screw them on the tanks,remember we had this conversation earlier dont rush,this is a labor of love take your time and all wil be fine! Enjoy! I never liked the aftermarket items they never fit quit the same.

Comment

I've had a couple of pairs of those NOS emblems over the years. They were in the little factory parts envelopes. Yep, they came flat from H.D. You had to shape them to fit. Take your time.

Comment

Fox Co.

What does this mean. It is stamped on the underside of some badges I just recieved from one of our members who is trying to help me. My new ones do not have this stamp on the back. What does this mean?

Comment

I would have to think that HD got them from more than 1 vendor just may be the vendors mark!

Comment

Fox Co.

What does this mean. It is stamped on the underside of some badges I just recieved from one of our members who is trying to help me. My new ones do not have this stamp on the back. What does this mean?

Comment

Working...
              X