Sonoma Nat. RR Sept. 2004 - N. of San Fran

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sonoma Nat. RR Sept. 2004 - N. of San Fran

Many thanks to Marc Gallin from SoCal Chapter for putting together this little ditty. It's a great look at the run over a three day period. Marc edited through 700 shots to put this together - so give him a hand! email and say thanks.

http://www.socalamca.org/2004/2k4yerba/yerba.html

Who is this guy? Funny story... well, not really. But you'll still read this...

I left gas station ahead of group to facilitate the relocation of my bike and body along the old number one hwy. I came upon this old wooden fort that I passed on the way down to the meet and figured I better stop in.

The fort is Russian so I was real curious as to it's origins and function. Paul D'Orlean and a very nice British lady were the only others to visit. Well anyhow on my way out this guy is standing stareing at my little bike reliving a few past memories. He's on a modern fulldress HD. This guy turns out to be from France! East of Paris. So I've done a little road work over there and we yak for a bit using some of my really poor french, his english was really good thankfully. I'm not a total bloke. This guy is supposed to be in AZ or NM but is diggin the coast and doesn't want to leave. Completely understandable.

So I tell this guy were stopped for lunch up the road 15min and he should drop buy and take a look at all the bikes. I give him a card and tell him we have a european chapter and he should join the club.

So he stopped in up the road and was really blown away by all the old iron.

It was just funny to see his picture. I don't remember his name. Nice guy.
    So there you go! The guy from France.

Also note the super cute little girl waddling across the open parking lot in the background. She gave me a flower and broke my heart. Great to see kids that are not scared of bikes and feel perfectly comfortable walking around. We're almost all parents and this kid could not be in a safer environment. So... she's not a stray. hee-hee.....
    Attached Files

Comment

Excellent Pictures! I think we should pay Marc's way to all the national road runs just to take pictures. How did he have time to ride while taking all those pictures? Good job!

Louie

Comment

Everyone dumped there flash cards from digital cameras onto his laptop HDrive at the dinner banquet. I think he got 7 cards. So that's a whooole lot'o photos to edit through.

It's great because it gives you a very broad perspective. 92 riders and it's real hard to get around and say hi to everyone, meet new people, see everything that's going on, etc. I'm always kicking myself on the last day. Three days passes quickly.

Comment

Working...
        X