Be a Man Ride a Pan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Be a Man Ride a Pan

When in Davenport this year, I saw a couple of bikes with a neat decal on them that said "Be a Man Ride a Pan".....One even had a nose art style to it. Thought I ought to buy one. I have looked everywhere and can't find them. Anyone know where I can get one of those??

Let me know, thanks

Jim M.
    Tulsa, OK

My father and I made the be a man ride a pan decals up this winter for our friends and customers. They are available to the public, however you have to ride to our shop to get the decal. Hence be a man (RIDE) a pan.

Comment

I guess when I saw you and your dad walking around at the swap meet in Davenport I should have made friends then. Oh well, I would ride my knuckle up to your shop but I guess that wouldn't qualify. Once I get the top end built on my 56 pan then I could ride up there and be a man. Oh well, just like most of us who work on old bikes I will have to make my own cool decals.

Jim

Comment

Hummm...now the sticker has deeper meaning than face value. I like that.

Comment

For the sake of not sounding like a jerk, I felt that it was neccessary to clarify on two points/ mistakes in my previous post.I only meant to make the word RIDE be in bold, and not man. I'm not really that fond of panheads myself, I prefer knuckelheads to panheads 6 days a week. So I wasn't trying to sound like a tough guy biker and say that you have ride a pan to be a man. I just rode a 46 knucklehead cross country last week, and I had five times as much fun doing it than last year when I rode a 48 pan head half way across the country (utah incident). It is just a cool decal that we made up. One of our friends from the bay area had some BE A MAN RIDE A PAN stickers made up last year. The sticker that was on his helmet last year was just white letters on a black back ground. We thought that it was a cool sticker, and thought that it could be even cooler. So we made our own. Another point that I didn't elaborate on enough was the comment of "only our friends, customers, and people that ride to our shop get to have a decal." Our friends and customers that have a decal also have ridden to our shop to get them. That's just the way the rules work. Hope all is well in Tulsa

Comment

Matt,

No offense taken. I thought that was a cool decal and was just checking and I got my answer. I would have loved to ride my knuckle that far. If only I had more time and my wife would let me. When I was your age I would have said "if only I had a Knuckle." So goes life.

Jim

Comment

Though I have a knuckle and pan, I just cannot resist.......

Matt, it goes like this:

"Believe in luck? Ride a knuck"

Tell Carl "Hello from SC" for me.

Lonnie

Comment

Ahhhhh!
                Seeing how I have both (Knuck&Pan)
                But have not used them in many years due to this fact , REAL MEN RIDE INDIANS!!!! HA!HA! LOL!
                HAE A GREAT DAY!!!

Comment

BE A MAN...

DOESN'T IT GO SOMETHING LIKE THIS...
                  BE A MAN...RIDE A PAN
                  BELIEVE IN LUCK...RIDE A KNUCK
                  BUT RIDE A CONE...YOU RIDE ALONE
                  ????????...BOB

Comment

As long as its made in the USA its OK!!!

Comment

Ridin A Flatty...Just Like Me Daddy.. LOL!! Paps

Comment

flatty....

My world is flat......Flat Broke...

Comment

Not to stir up the HD vs Indian thing but.... I heard that 95% of the Harley's are still on the road.......and the other 5% made it back to the house !!!

Louie (owner of HD's and Indians)

Comment

LOUIE,
                            I hope you dont mind if I use that line! I also have both and like it!!

Comment

Good thread. I can't think of a good slogan at the moment but will submit:

Paraphrasing Bill Davidson (after a long pause): "The aluminum heads on the 1948 engine had some value...but I think if I had to pick my favorite it would be the 1936 engine."

They ALL said that.

===========
                              Knuck and Pan's Great Grandaddy!
                              At the Creation

Comment

Working...
                              X