Grease Zerks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grease Zerks

Anyone know where I can get some correct zerks for my 47wl? I need the strait ones I have all the angled zerks. NOS is best but repop is ok as long as they are correct.

Colony makes a great reproduction. Call Chuck at Kick Start, Phone # 616-245-8991. Part # 0921

Comment

Colony ones are what I used and I lost points for them. They have a little ball bearing in them that makes them incorrect. Can they be modified to be correct?

Comment

And Mr. Valentine says "HIS" judges aren't nitpickers. Actually the ones reproduced by Colony are modeled after the later style with the sealing ball at the top of the fitting. I'm not really sure when the change was made to the late style, but by 1960 for sure. With the earlier fittings the ball seat was set lower in the fitting and you do not see it. I looked at my original 49WL today and it has the early style fittings. Is there a consensus as to the year the change was made? I have only one 9851 left in original 60's style packaging, and it is a late style. Erdos, did you try Clete Borchart (OLD DUDE) to see if he had any in NOS?

Comment

I wouldn't call the wrong zerks nitpicking. If they're wrong they're wrong.

Koanes, thanks for the info Old Dude says he has them. $4.00 a piece but I'll have to bite the bullet.

Comment

Working...
          X