Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replacement flywheel shafts for an Indian Chief..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement flywheel shafts for an Indian Chief..

I've been having conversations with friends, by email, and on other forums, about this. Thought I'd toss the question out here. If NOS shafts are not available (and I really haven't pursued it yet), who supplies good quality aftermarket flywheel shafts for Indian Chiefs? In particular, my 47 model? Jim's and Eastern are two names that have come up. I just received an email from a friend who says that Eastern does not offer Chief shafts. Just Sport Scout. Looks like Jim's is the stateside choice. Are there any other good quality shafts coming in from outside the States? Thanks.

Jack

Jack, Your friend is wrong. The part #'s from Eastern are as follows: crankpin/ 970110,pinion shaft/970120, sprocket shaft/970130. The crankpin does fit 33-42 sport scouts as well. Good parts, good people, reasonable pricing. Kyle

Comment

Kyle -

This is very good info. Do you have the address and/or phone number to Eastern. I have a dealer's license, and would like to set up an account with them, for direct purchase, anyway. I like their parts, for the quality. Was really hoping that they would have the Chief components. Thanks for the reply.

Jack

Comment

Kyle -

Made phone contact with Eastern. Talked to Carol and was given the particulars for becoming a customer/dealer. Faxed all the info to her. Hope she likes what I sent. Requested their Indian catalog, as it is not sent except on request. She gave me a toll free voice and toll free fax number to use. If you don't have them, I will drop them to you by email. Thanks for the information that put me in touch.

Jack

Comment

Working...
        X