39 to 41 Taillights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 39 to 41 Taillights

I recently purchased an early 39 to 41 taillight for my 41EL. I have what I believe to be a Servi-Car light rather than a solo.
    It appears to be much thicker at the bottom and will not fit my fender without moving it up about 4". My question is: Should I alter this lamp to fit or is this a piece I should leave alone and look for the correct one? Does anyone have photos of a correct one? From the side?
    I've lurked on the forums for awhile and am a total rookie. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks, Bill

do not alter

after searching for that style lite and not finding it i had to use a solo style lite on my 41 servi-car / i have a spare solo lite, not sure if the early style , if interested in a trade if its correct for your year let me know , if not me somebody is searching for that lite, i think it should have a letter G under neath housing

Comment

The housing length is slightly different as well. Does anyone have solid info concerning the base plate? I have a couple of versions, one having the bulb socket located further up on the plate. Are they model designated or was there a change/update for both solo and servi? Thanks for any help, Kyle

Comment

My base does not have any letters that I can see, and I believe the bulb in mine is of the higher mounting. It would appear the higher mount may be necessary to clear the the rear stand retaining clip mounting bolts. I guess what I'm saying is solo base, and servi-car housing. I did see a lower mount base in an ebay add with what appears to be a solo housing. One more detail I'm concerned about is the pin that the lense retaining clips hook over, how is it attached to the housing? peened like a rivet or is it brazed or welded in?

Comment

The hardware for the rear stand retainer bracket will clear either base. The pin for the clips is peened in to the housing.

Comment

Re: do not alter

Originally posted by flthead
            after searching for that style lite and not finding it i had to use a solo style lite on my 41 servi-car / i have a spare solo lite, not sure if the early style , if interested in a trade if its correct for your year let me know , if not me somebody is searching for that lite, i think it should have a letter G under neath housing
            I would be interested in a trade, let me know.
            Thanks, Bill

Comment

Working...
            X