The Flight of the Magnificent Seven.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Flight of the Magnificent Seven.

As a someone who is very new to computors, I tried unsucessfully on numerous occassions to post pictures of our recent tour to the Harley 100th and finally in desperation I contacted Paul and asked if I sent him a disc of photos would he be so good as to select some and put them on the site.

What he has done is fantastic and he deserves a medal for it. Whether or not he gets one is doubtful but Paul if you and I ever hook up anywhere the drinks are on me.

What you get to see is a selection of images taken during our 33 day wander across the northern states of America, from Vancouver, B.C. to Chicago, Illinois, taking in Sturgis, Harley100th and Davenport.

We rode all the way covering some 3700 miles and having to rebuild a rear wheel on the side of I 90 just west of Columbus, Montana, rebush a J gearbox in Rapid City, have Kokesh m/c's respoke the ULH rear wheel in Minneapolis and rebuild my WLC gearbox in the workshop of a very high profile biker club after the local H.D. dealer said he couldn't help us.

It should be said here that these guys went out of their way to help a fellow motorcyclist and got members to ride in all directions to get the bits needed to fix my gearbox, cooked us lunch and got me back on the road late on the same day.
    When it came time to pay I had extreme difficulity getting them to accept $100 for a job I would have been happy to pay $500 for.
    True motorcyclists in every sense of the word.

I hope the captions are self-explainatory and I've got the correct locations but no doubt someone can set me right if they're wrong.
    Enjoy the photos because we certainly enjoyed the ride and can't wait to do it again.
    The next one will be Daytona to L.A. possibily 2005 but definately 2006.

See you on the road, Tommo

See the Magnificent Seven - here

WOW!! Great Bikes!!...Put you guys in some Period clothes and change the photos to B/W and you'd half expect to see you on the cover of a 30's The Enthusiast!! Great stuff Tommo. ( Ya See Harley, forget all those Evo trinkets and T-shirts and start producing vintage replacement parts....maybe contact the boys from Down Under and they'll show you how to put together a successful venture!!).... ...Hrdly-Dangrs

Comment

hi tommo GREAT PICTURE'S AND GREAT BIKE'S LOOKS LIKE YOU GUYS HAD A BLAST. JOE

Comment

Working...
      X