Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charter Members of New South Florida Chapter

Hear Ye, Hear Ye!

The following 27 AMCA members have signed the application to create the new South Florida Chapter. That is more than 3 times the required number to start a new chapter!

Robert Anderson, Jim Buttaccio, Howard Cole, Kenneth Cournoyer, Joseph Damiano, Roger Denning, David Fisher, Steven Gissen, William Glendenning, James Howe, John Langley, Larry LeMay, Gary McBride, Wayne McGinnis, Ruben Nasio, Leo Phillips, David Porter, Michael Pruszynski, Patrick Regis, Edward Scherbin, Robert Schweinler, Wes Scott, Scott Smith, Jack Stauffer, Clive Taylor, Dale Voss, Roy Wasson.

The only beef I have is that we are all men. Are there any of our female members who want to be part of the group to create the new chapter? Send an e-mail to me with contact information to roywasson@bellsouth.net Our new chapter application will be forwarded to the Director of Chapters on Wednesday, November 12th, for consideration by the national board of directors.

Thanks to each of you for stepping up to organize this group. Stay tuned for news about our organizational meeting to approve by-laws, vote on a chapter board and officers, and take a ceremonial inaugural ride!

Roy Wasson, the original Nightrider
    Chapter Instigator

Final Count--30 Charter Members

The New Chapter application is winding its way to Jack Gormley, Director of Chapters for presentation to--and consideration by--the National Board of Directors. We had 30 Charter Members by final count. (I am curious how that number compares to some other start-up chapters?)

Our founding members are from all areas of the lower half of Florida. We range from Key West, Big Pine Key, and Key Largo in the Southernmost area, up through Miami and Fort Lauderdale and the Palm Beaches in the Southeast, across to the Gulf Coast areas of Marco, Naples, Fort Myers, and up to near Tampa, across the center of the peninsula through Lakeland to the LaBelle area, and back to the Atlantic side of Jupiter and Melbourne.

To demonstrate how our "center of gravity" is in South Florida, I added-up the distance from all of our Charter Members' home addresses to the Daytona Speedway (using Mapquest) and divided by 30 to get the average one-way distance: 265 miles! By hosting rides and meets closer to home, we all will get to participate more and show off our hobby to a greater number of prospective new members.

Thanks to our 30 founders! More news to come very soon!

Comment

31 Charter Members in South Florida Chapter

The new chapter application has now been submitted on behalf of the 31 Charter Members of the South Florida Chapter. (One more than I thought in my last post) I am curious how that number compares to other new chapters which have been formed.

We also had numerous members (at least 9 more) say that they want to join, but after the application was submitted. Each of those persons will of course be members of the chapter, but we had to cut off the list of charter members somewhere (on 8 are required) and get the application filed. Now let's encourage the National Board to approve us quickly and start having rides and meets! Our Charter Members are as follows:

1. Anderson, Robert— Melbourne
      2. Buttaccio, Jim— Lake Worth
      3. Cole, Howard— LaBelle
      4. Cournoyer, Kenneth— Plant City
      5. Damiano, Joseph— Lake Worth
      6. Delor, Arthur G., Sr.— Boca Raton
      7. Denning, Roger— Labelle
      8. Fisher, David— Punta Gorda
      9. Gissen, Steven— Miami
      10. Glendenning, William— Marco Island
      11. Howe, James— South Miami
      12. Langley, John— Venice