perhaps a judging solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• perhaps a judging solution

Perhaps I have a solution to the judging delimea that seems to have everyone on edge. In this day of computers and digital processing why not have each chapter that holds a judging purchase a high grade digital camera and photograph each bike that is judged left, right, front, back, top and either save this information to floppy disk or print it out and include floppy / prints with the bikes' folder for review at the next judging. This way one can see what was correct or incorrect and what changes , if any, were made to the bike since its' last judging. No guess work from one show to the next. The results are always the same. No one can pull a fast one and nobody will feel cheated or snubbed because someone didn't agree with the outcome. A photographic record of bikes will also possibly help identify stolen bikes and will help the AMCA keep tabs on where a particular bike travels in this various ownerships. If someone purchases a bike and wants / need to know the history on it the AMCA would / could have this information archived. Dissemination of this information could easily be blocked by the previous owner if directed to do so eliminating privicy issues. Bikes will always get the same attention and no need to spend long countless minutes going over it. Judges could write up a brief assessment of the outcome to accopany the files / photos much the way they do on judging sheets presently. Everybody can see the files / photos and everybody is, at least in theory, happy.

That's all cool. And I think, was knocked around at one point. The complication - I feel - lies in the logistics of making it happen. Who knows what the future will hold!

Comment

apealing judging

JR
      There is no reason this can not be done and should be done any
      time I have machines judged there is always a conflict of opinion.The problem is the judges should remain present after
      judging to discuss deductions.There have been countless times
      judges are in errorand you can not have scores adjusted.You have to wait until the next meet to make corrections.
      Pete

Comment

Working...
      X