Ebay ads posted on this website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay ads posted on this website

Recently somebody posted a listing on this site asking people to look at their Ebay ad. The administrator thought it was no problem. Shall we all start doing the same? Personally, I don't like the idea.

I'll set up a pole...

Comment

What are you to do with a pole, sit on it? Perhaps you meant poll.

Comment

I'm on a down hill slide.....

Comment

If it's done occasionally by an enthusiast to sell the odd part to help finance their lastest find - I don't have a problem with them posting a pointer here. If every week someone is posting pointers to their dozen newest auctions - that gets old pretty quick and they should take it elsewhere (that's what George's is for isn't it) ... Perry

Comment

Thanks Perry - I agree.

Comment

E'bay is an excellent tool for the AMCA Member to find and sell many hard to find items and being able to see a photo or two of what he's bidding on is great! But probably all we need to do is let the Member list a one or two item "pointer" like Perry says. Because e'bay has provided a line (VIEW SELLERS OTHER ITEMS) that allows potential buyers to view all the sellers other 'For-Sale' items at a click of the mouse. But, how does a Member erase his AMCA post after 1440 minutes since most e'bay items run for 7-10 days?....Later.. ...Hrdly-Dangrs

Comment

I/most people I chat with inside my own imagination see/overlook nothing/something wrong/right with directing/misleading AMCA members/groupies to nice classics/rusty basket cases on eBay, and warning/speculating of known/imagined problems with bikes or sellers. If we were/weren't in bed/competition with eBay/Walneck's by charging for ads that would be different/ indistinguishable

EDITED WITHIN 1440 MINUTES AND MUCH BETTER THAN BEFORE

Comment

There's also http://www.monkeyads.com where youse's can post free classifieds. I sorta liked being able to edit (or delete) my posts at will, on the AMCA site....(grumbles)...now I feel more or less handcuffed and leg-ironed by the 1440 minute statute....not being able to "craft" what I (albeit, subjectively) feel are quite possibly, historical literary works of art; and further believe that the replica/antique-dom world-at-large may be the individuals that suffer, since this very post will now be carved in stone for all cyber-eternity, when in fact, I may feel an editorial difference in 1441+ minutes.

Comment

I agree with k.perry! We should go back to the pre-1440 minute rule. Sometimes after a week or two, you look back and realize your spelling is wrong or there are missing letters/words or perhaps you can delete a couple words and still get the same meaning across. I vote 'Get Rid Of The 1440 Minute Rule!!..... ...Hrdly-Dangrs

Comment

Ye-yeah...go git 'em Hrdly...tear 'em up like a bull dog with an old sock!

Comment

My speeling and grammar are horrible. You want literary works of art? Start your own site. Most guys will catch something after a second read. If it's a real problem - I can make changes on this end, just email me. 24 hrs is fair, I'm not going to change it.

Comment

Why make a 1440 time limit in the first place? Why do you care what changes are made to a post? I was able to write a creditable tale of journey my brother and I rode to Campo last October. Remember? When I romanced about a discarded oil can in the high desert? Now, I was able to craft that after about a jillion edits. It makes me a better writer. It's like being able to go to a mental gym. How did my repeat edits affect the webguy?? All you had to do was read 'em. You know the problem with writing for alot of people is that the first draft contains alot of neurosis, and reflection is the only way to pick out the nits. If we have to ask you to make changes for us, well..it takes the spontaneity out of it (aka; clear plastic slip covers on the couch), and makes more work for you. I thought it was the club's site. Hrdly and I want to lure more writers like Wagner, Palmer, and that guy that rode his Knucklehead way down into Mexico..what's-his-name...Bruce Linsday..(a good source told me he's the only rider that has ever had "open" charge account with V-Twin). Winter is coming on. I want to be told stories. Stories about the birds and bees...and how they made the chickens sneeze. Why have a 1440 minute rule? Let's vote. I've appealed to all my friends and enemies world-wide to weigh-in on this, AMCA members (future) or not.

Comment

I would be curious to know what prompted the 1440 minute edit rule?... How does it benefit the site?.... ...Hrdly-Dangrs

Comment

The 1440 rule was instituted, at least partially, at my behest in response to a person here that completely deleted all trace of their posts after getting a brouhaha started. The intent is not to stifle dialogue but rather to encourage people to act like adults rather than use the edit function to cover their juvenile tracks ... Perry

Comment

Working...
                              X