Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Judging

Eustis 2003-1st time out-7 items-94 score-Junior 1st
    Oley 2003-2nd time out-6 items corrected from last time-18 new items-94 1/2 score -no change
    Harmony 2003-3rd time out-16 items corrected from last time-5 new items-98 1/2 score-Senior
    Wauseon 2003-4th time out-4 items corrected from last time-11 new items -92 3/4 score-no change

I'm a newcomer to having motorcyles judged and build houses for a living.We have get inspections on houses as we build them to make sure we build them correctly and correct problems and/or mistakes.The difference is that they get better with each inspection,not worse.When I asked about one of the items on my last time out and explained that it was listed in Palmers book and the spare parts book as being for the year,I was told the books were incorrect.

Judging problems

Let me preface this tirade with the fact that I very much appreciate and admire those in our club who are willing to do this thankless job. That being said, there are several issues to be addressed regarding judging. After receiving several phone calls and examining judging sheets on many bikes, the following comes to light.

•Inconsistency; what is accepted at one meet does not meet standards at the next.
    •Personal opinions as opposed to facts
    •Poor quality handwriting on forms is difficult to decipher
    •Lack of guidance on errors as to exactly what to fix
    •Point disparity; whole point deductions for a minor discrepancy should be a ¼ - ½

Two other issues are, the time spent per motorcycle and trainee field judges. It clearly states in the judging handbook that 15 minutes should be spent looking for mistakes. If it can’t be found in that amount of time, it isn’t important enough to note.
    (Section VI Item 36)
    Training of field judges should be done prior to an actual judging; four judges should be required per bike to allow for differing opinions and experience.
    There are many other issues to numerous to mention, however all of the above is evidenced by declining entries and discouraged and upset members. Anyone wishing to discuss this matter with me can reach me toll free at 1-877-653-3833

Respectfully,

Clete Borchert
    Old Dude Vintage

Comment

Working...
    X