Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 45 solo frame blueprint

Hi People,
    I'm new to the AMCA and already I'm asking you fellow antique owners a tech question. Here goes... I feel like I have searched just about everywhere for a 45 solo frame blueprint. You know? One with the tab and hole locations included with all the other frame dimensions on the drawing. I've purchased just about all the manuals out there available to me too without success. I really would like to do all my own repairs on my scooter. That includes neccessary frame repairs. I can't seem to locate part numbers for the forged and cast fittings either, let alone the tubing numbers. It's obvious Harley Davidson used a print to manufacture the solo in the first place and repro frame manufacturers have to use one too. Can any of you members help this new novice member out? Thanks, Paps

I don't know about the solo specifically but there is a guy, Richard Buttine at Superior cycles in Long Island ,N.Y. who reproduces copies of old sportster blueprints. He does a few different ones as far as I know.He would probobly know something.

Comment

Hi, Paps
      I have seen Superior advertize the 45 frame blue prints, in their Walneck's ad. I think that they were asking $15.00 or so. Hope this helps.

Otto

Comment

Even though Paps original request is from 2003...Just for general info.....Superior Cycles web site is www.superiormotorcycles.com and their phone number is 631-421-1655 in NY State and 1800-528-8894 Out of State. I have the new Superior Catalog but i don't see the Blue prints for the 45 Solo. But there are others in the catalog, so perhaps they can steer you to a source if they themselves don't have any. Later... Hrdly-Dangrs

Comment

Thanks guys for the links but no one seems to want to give one up or even sell one. There is one good thing I have accomplished in my asking for one though. The solo frame and servi car frame are identical from the seat post tube forward. Found this out on my own research of the manuals and verified it with many other folks after spotting it. So if any of you need to find dimensions in that area of the frame you have, just look over a servi car frame blueprint. Paps

Comment

Working...
          X